Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the maintenance required light goes on and stays on, can the Element be driven? 56,000 miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
have you had the oil changed? how long have you been driving with it on? when is your next scheduled oil change?

i do believe the light comes on early giving you plenty of time to schedule an oil change or to do it yourself, but you should follow the oil change window sticker (if any, i know some places don't give them anymore) somewhat closely.

if you don't have a sticker but you had your oil change done at a shop, it should be on whatever paperwork they gave you from your last visit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a similar issue. My maintenance req'd light flashes when I turn the car on but it goes off after a couple seconds. I don't really remember if it always did this or not. Does this mean I need to get my fluids checked or is it just part of starting up the car?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I actually may have just found the answer myself. I bought the car used in June and did the first oil change (for me) at 41k miles just in case it needed it. Rather be safe than sorry. I didn't know about resetting the maintenance reminder so 3k miles later that's probably my issue.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you had the oil changed? how long have you been driving with it on? when is your next scheduled oil change?

i do believe the light comes on early giving you plenty of time to schedule an oil change or to do it yourself, but you should follow the oil change window sticker (if any, i know some places don't give them anymore) somewhat closely.

if you don't have a sticker but you had your oil change done at a shop, it should be on whatever paperwork they gave you from your last visit.
Thank you, I will check the oil sticker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts