Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to embrace the E's "toaster-ness" and decorate my E up to resemble a real toaster for an upcoming event. 8) I was thinking about making something that looks like 2 pieces of toast and attaching them to the top of my E. Just not sure of what to use for the toast slices and how to attach them so that I can still drive 45-50 MPH with them in place. Maybe use cushion foam or foam blocks? But my main concern is how to attach them so they are secure and will stay on when driving.

As an additional play on the "toast" theme, I though I might make some sort of decoration that looks like the top of a champagne bottle with foam flowing out.

With all the creative people on here, I know someone has to have some great ideas, which will greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Once it's done, i wanna see pics :razz:

Maybe foam blocks attached to the roof rack would work (if you have one)
good luck

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
to attach them..... is this going to be a park and show car show or a parade? could it be an inside decoration that gets setup when you arrive?

humm foam will be pretty light but kinda flimsy.

are these going to be painted ?

maybe a thin plywood frame covered in foam with a wood or metal bracker bolted to the factory roof rack locations?

ive never removed my plastic access ports...are these locations pre drilled threaded or a hook in point?

blow up works to.
http://www.mcphee.com/shop/pages/Inflatable-Toast-Mattress.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not have a roof rack on it.

I will be driving with the toast in place, needs to withstand up to about 50 MPH. The Scion pic is something like I had imagined, maybe with the toast sticking up about half that high. And the toast would be painted to look like toast.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I think Barry did that . I'll have to look for the Photo's. I think it was at the crab meet, that D did.

See post # 206 in this thread !

That meet put the Eoc on top that week !

Dom

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I think Barry did that . I'll have to look for the Photo's. I think it was at the crab meet, that D did.

See post # 206 in this thread !

That meet put the Eoc on top that week !

Dom
WOW!! And I was the number 4 top poster behind some very post happy
Admins and Moderators!!!! Im so proud to be such a huge part of that
achievement!!!! I want to thank the academy, my parents, and the love
of my life that made this ALL possible, my Honda Element!!!!

<sniff, sniff>

:shock::twisted::shock::twisted::shock::twisted:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts