Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I first bought my E, I had posted up a couple pics. I've done a few things since then, so I thought I would share.

I had wanted to paint the silver parts of the bumpers and upper grill for a while, and I finally got around to it yesterday. It didn't match any part of the exterior, and I think it looks much better now.

I also picked up some weather tech rain guards that I love the look of and the practicality. Picked up some elemmats too (can't speak highly enough of them), as well as mud flaps.

There are some pics of my custom interior bike mount too!

Coming up I need to install the passenger side door switch, and hide my blue tooth behind the dash. Winter steelies will be going on soon, I might give them a fresh coat of black (can't wait to drive this in the snow!)

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Very tastefully done, has a nice clean look with the grill area having a more integrated look.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
love the bike rack...you got skillz

·
Registered
804 Posts
Looks great with the extra black details you painted. So is the other 'E' yours as well ?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys i appreciate it. The other element is my father's. '08 GG 4WD AT.

And thanks for the compliment on the bike rack, although i cant rake all the credit as a family member helped me make it, and I saw the basic design on the forums here. Although, I dont think anyone else has cut out a notch so it sits in place between the tailgate and side pockets.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a small update. Sitting pretty for winter on steelies with Firestone Winter force tires. Also got some lightly tinted license plate frames.

Coming up soon i want to tint my front windows to match the rear ones (anyone know the % off hand?), and pick up some fogs. Still have to put in the passenger side door lock too.

I love the look of the black wheels..thinking of getting my alloys powder coated black or gunmetal...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
looks real good. i did 18% on my fronts and its just a tad lighter but not by much. if you look they are about the same thru the untinted front window on the sand.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks real good. i did 18% on my fronts and its just a tad lighter but not by much. if you look they are about the same thru the untinted front window on the sand.
Thanks for the reply. That looks great, nearly identical.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update for anyone that may be interested.

Finally got myself an EOC sticker, now proudly wearing on the rear window. I also installed foglights the other day, glad I finally got that done! Have a few new toys too :D. Texsport "The Lodge" tent for the Element, and new racks for my 2 new kayaks! Warm weather can't come quick enough.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
You and member Pintail should talk.

pintail
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 4WD LX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Howdy
Hi, I'm pintail, a new member from Maine interested in anything concerning kayak racks.

Pintail

Looking good, sure glad I live in a warmer climate tho...:)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, and i am jealous of your warm weather. I will post in his thread, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got myself a Ridgeline key today, $45 after cutting. Very happy with it, much more convenient. Hopefully going to get around to the passenger door lock this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you're still wondering what % window tint you should get, 15% matches perfectly with the rears. Here's what it looks like

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pic! I'm not entirely sure if I want to tint them, the law here is 70% light blocked on the front windows. I love the way that it looks but I'd rather not get nabbed for something like that.

On another note, I connected the two dome lights today. Quick and easy, thanks to the write up on here.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some artsy-fartsy rainy day shots..

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you really Kayak in the middle of winter?? If so you are now my hero!!
No way! That was just test fitting to ease my excitement. Only got out the other day when it got into the mid 70s.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Had some time this weekend so I plasti-dipped my wheels. I used the gunmetal plasti-dip with a light coat of the metalizer. I bought 6 cans online from home depot (for the price of 4 elsewhere) because I read that some people used 3-4 cans for a set of wheels. I used only 2 cans with 8 coats on each wheel. They are slightly more blue-ish in real life.

Also, a tip for anyone using plasti-dip on wheels. I took a bit of clear nail polish to lay down a small section that peeled up when I pulled the index cards out. The nail polish seemed to melt the plasti-dip a little, and it stuck right to the wheel nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wish I would have read this thread about the % for the window tint! I put 20% on mine and it is a lil to light. ...

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Looks good.

I like the blue-ish tint, much better the the matte black everyone else does.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts