Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on confirming the FACT OR FALLACY of the topic stating there would be no Manual 4wd... So far several dealers have said they have not heard this... I am waiting for COMPLETE CONFIRMATION... and will state that when I do have it... Please don't freak out until this is confirmed!

I did find on another site the following that was dated early January...

2003 Element 4WD DX
Manual - May 2003
Automatic - Retail $18,300 (invoice $16,909.92)

2003 Element 4WD EX
Manual - May 2003
Automatic - Retail $20,850 (invoice $19,262.04)

2003 Element 4WD EXS (Side Airbags)
Manual - June 2003
Automatic - June 2003

Again I will continue to check into this, and am trying to receive absolute confirmation on this. Thank you for your help & patience.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the great effort to put this issue to bed once and for all! I hope the stats you listed are true. I'm really looking forward to my AWD 5-speed EX.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I wish you good luck. Seems I get something different every time I call the dealer.

Why aren't the dealers more in the know?

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:e7b2752779="GYPSYTDA"]I am working on confirming the FACT OR FALLACY of the topic stating there would be no Manual 4wd... So far several dealers have said they have not heard this... I am waiting for COMPLETE CONFIRMATION... and will state that when I do have it... Please don't freak out until this is confirmed!

I did find on another site the following that was dated early January...

2003 Element 4WD DX
Manual - May 2003
Automatic - Retail $18,300 (invoice $16,909.92)

2003 Element 4WD EX
Manual - May 2003
Automatic - Retail $20,850 (invoice $19,262.04)

2003 Element 4WD EXS (Side Airbags)
Manual - June 2003
Automatic - June 2003

Again I will continue to check into this, and am trying to receive absolute confirmation on this. Thank you for your help & patience.[/quote:e7b2752779]

Great of you to check this out. I certainly do appreciate it. I have been asking some of the dealers around here about it and I have gotten a couple of different stories. Seems Honda is not telling anybody anything official. I am going out this weekend to drive the EX AWD w/automatic trans. again. I will try it out on the highway this time and find a steep hill to climb. If this waiting game ends up going almost to the middle of summer I really don't know if I can wait that long. My nice big SUV is gone and I have my 13 year old Jeep Wrangler to get me around. ( It's not in the best of shape and certainly won't carry 3 dogs and a friend to the Outer Banks this spring ). I may have to bite the bullet on this one or get a rental to take down there ( which would cost a fortune I am sure ).
I guess I shoudn't give in though just because Honda won't give us any facts. :?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LittleDogBox: definately hang tight & stay tuned.... i know it is nerve twisting but all things will work out one way or the other...

sounds like you have some cool plans for which ever vehicle is lucky enough to participate in withya.. ENJOY!

·
Registered
89 Posts
This may be an old thread, but I thought that I would mention that in 2006 I bought a 5-speed AWD LX.... they do exist, but are few and far between.....

W. Li

·
Registered
248 Posts
got a 2007 AWD EX MT in ontario. In the colour i wanted they could only find one on a lot in all of Ontario. so there are not that many out there.

·
Registered
727 Posts
At one Element Meet where around twenty E's showed, I was the only one with a Manual. At another Meet, there were only 2. The funny thing is that most of the E's I've seen with MT have driven by old farts like me and the kids are buying the autos. My daughter and I have the only ones with AWD and 5spd. around here that I know of. They are not very common and as a result, when my daughter wanted hers, she had to go 360 miles so to get it with MT and AWD.

·
Registered
859 Posts
my 2wd MT was hard to find, i got the only one in the state of arizona at the time, regardless of model or trim leval. this was in december 06, when the 07's were the new thing out. i refuse to settle for a auto, that was the big selling point of the E for me.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts