Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. A Newbie here.

I am seriously considering Element for my wife's new car. Only thing that is keeping me away from making the decision is that there is no manual option for AWD version.

I have a feeling this topic came up before... Any news on if Honda is planning on having a manual version of the AWD Element?

What's interesting is that on the Element's brochure, it's marked "TBD" for EPA mileage estimate for AWD version. It didn't mark it "not available". Does this mean Honda is planning on coming up with manual version of the AWD Element?

·
Registered
129 Posts
[quote:b69ce66966="Minimay7"]Hello everyone. A Newbie here.

I am seriously considering Element for my wife's new car. Only thing that is keeping me away from making the decision is that there is no manual option for AWD version. [/quote:b69ce66966]

It's out there. I picked mine up last night.

I understand that they are making 10% or less in that configuration, so you might have to wait a bit, or be flexible on the color. But, you can get 'em.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got my 5spd 4wd two days ago. It rocks.

Right, though, these are relatively rare, even more so with side airbags.

Do a search for supamann -- Mike Pierce. He's a dealer in San Marcos, TX; worth a road trip, he will find you exactly what you want. Good luck!

Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got my EX 5sp 4wd a few days ago from a dealer in So. Cal.. They are out there. In fact, I did a rather extensive search for my one all over the L.A. area, if you are interested, I tell you which dealer is going to get ones in green or black (the only colors I was considering) in the next couple of months in California.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A dealer here in Colorado had one DX AWD 5-speed (Black) & one EX (Green). As of yesterday he still has the DX. I saw it as I was driving away with my new GGM EX. They said they would let the black one go for $300 over invoice for now, at least.

Good luck...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is has been known that they exist for a while now. I have been driving my 5spd AWD EXS for over a month now ( love it ). The mentioned it in the brochure for a June release in small print somewhere near the back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got my 5 spd. on Friday! Had to call around to the 5 or so dealers in the Baltimore area, and only 2 of them had 5 spd EX's in stock. Finished the deal around 1:00pm, and took off for the beach!

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:0722fd0bf2="mortaaay"]Is has been known that they exist for a while now. I have been driving my 5spd AWD EXS for over a month now ( love it ). The mentioned it in the brochure for a June release in small print somewhere near the back.[/quote:0722fd0bf2]

It has only existed for about a month or two now anyway...thats why it wasn't advertised. I remember at first, they said they weren't going to make one, and then they said November, then it was May...I guess it just depends if you get a good dealer to tell you the truth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts