Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Did I see somewhere that they would not be mfg until Feb?

It is getting harder and HARDER to get a car with a clutch these days?
AMEN, brother!! I have driven a clutch for most of my driving "career" (uh, now over 30 years) and love a manual. Still don't understand what the problem is......(laziness, maybe? (OK, just IMHO, calm down.....:shock:)) :rolleyes::cool:

I was sorry to see some of even Honda's vehicles start out as only autos... :shock::sad::sad::-x

·
Registered
319 Posts
Have you looked for an '08 manual Element?

From what I read, '09 Element, manual in EX 4wd and SC only. The two most expensive E's, basically. Too bad they didn't put in a six speed manual, especially on the SC.

Makes me glad to have my 2wd LX, black panels, manual '08, last of its breed.

:confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Heeeeellllllllllllloooooo!!

Have you looked for an '08 manual Element?

From what I read, '09 Element, manual in EX 4wd and SC only. The two most expensive E's, basically. Too bad they didn't put in a six speed manual, especially on the SC.

Makes me glad to have my 2wd LX, black panels, manual '08, last of its breed.

:confused:
I rock with my TRP, Manual '08! I was very disappointed to go visit my local Honda dealer and he showed me with great pride the new Black '09 that they just got in. We talked and when he said that there was no manual, I walked away in disgust.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Yes.....for sure they should bolt the six speed gearbox up to the element. What would that cost Honda?....maybe 50 bucks in a few extra gears inside the gear case.

A bit closer spacing in the lower gears and a TALLER 6th gear would make me happy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
According to my local dealer the manual transmissions will not go online until mid February. Of course they keep trying to sell me an automatic.
First time in my car buying days I can't buy what I want. I remember the days when all you could get was manuals. You had to order automatics.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I guess too many people are busy reading the paper/books/maps, putting on make-up, shaving, texting or calling on their cell phones, programming their gps unit, blah, blah, blah to take the time to actually DRIVE :rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not always laziness. I like a manual (especially for the control it gives), but all I need is one gout attack (which luckily doesn't happen often) and driving becomes academic if I need to use a clutch pedal. Went through that with my old Mazda 323 and, as much as I'd like a manual transmission, it's not happening.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Not always laziness. I like a manual (especially for the control it gives), but all I need is one gout attack (which luckily doesn't happen often) and driving becomes academic if I need to use a clutch pedal. Went through that with my old Mazda 323 and, as much as I'd like a manual transmission, it's not happening.
Thought I had another statement attached that stated those with medical conditions and/or true bumper to bumper commutes have my condolences, but it somehow disappeared :confused: Having a manual actually makes driving a box fun!

Anyway, I only wrote that because I just passed a woman the other day putting on her mascara while driving :shock: . . . just asking to take an eye out!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes.....for sure they should bolt the six speed gearbox up to the element. What would that cost Honda?....maybe 50 bucks in a few extra gears inside the gear case.

A bit closer spacing in the lower gears and a TALLER 6th gear would make me happy.
Yeah, better highway mileage, someone on the forum has a six speed from a Civic in his 'E, so he did all the hard work for 'em. :wink:

And if you are doing this on the top of the line vehicles, give folks more reason to buy them. It would seem the -$700 difference in the manual list price would cover their charge for the six speed tranny, just make them the same price and give us something to get excited about!

Anyway, not like I am going to trade up. I think the pre-'09 manuals just got a boost in resale value though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love it when the salesman (trying to push me into an automatic) tells me, "you really want to buy an Automatic because when you sell it the next owner will not want a stick".

Like I want to drive a car with "the next owner's choice of transmission" for nine years?????? Do I buy my clothes so they will be in style for the homeless guy on the corner???

·
Registered
164 Posts
true bumper to bumper commutes have my condolences

Anyway, I only wrote that because I just passed a woman the other day putting on her mascara while driving :shock: . . . just asking to take an eye out!

Point taken, although I used to commute (30 years ago, though) from northern NJ into The Bronx driving a stick and it wasn't so bad; of course, I was driving a Renault 5, so shifting was the least of my problems.

LOL; I thought it was only BB guns that did that:smile:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Most of us who own an MT E, now just how hard (or how lucky we got) it is to have been able to get our mitts on them! In 03, MT's were listed on the equipment list, they weren't really available until February or March and only then in small numbers. At most the Element Meets I've been to, most of the E's were Autos and there were only 1 or 2 MT's there. Most of the MT's were owned by us gray haired old farts with the exception of my then 17 year old daughter who drove her own MT E. If you really want an 09 MT E, be patient; you'll be glad you did!

·
Registered
32 Posts
We were lucky when we bought our E. It was the only one the dealer had on the lot and it was MT. Just the colour we wanted too. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the MT, so much fun!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Most of us who own an MT E, know just how hard (or how lucky we got) it is to have been able to get our mitts on them! . . . If you really want an 09 MT E, be patient; you'll be glad you did!
How true-

Hard: The buyer of my '07 trp mt this summer flew from Florida to PA and then drove it home! :shock:

Lucky: Within a few days after selling my '07 I just happened to be doing an internet search and found mine at a Toyota dealer 6 hours away; it was a one owner and out the door price was well under trade-in and wholesale values. Think the dealer just wanted it off their lot because they were getting more inquiries on it than their XBs! :razz:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Under 30 chiming in

Assuming I'm still considered young, let me throw in a vote for the MT. We got our 07 2WD TRP LX off the lot in 6/07 - they didn't even know they had the machine. It was way in the back lot with its steel wheels - didn't even have the dealer sticker on it (thank goodness). It's unfortunate, but that must mean most of the people shopping don't want one.

Commuting with it in Northern VA has taught me that I pay the price with my left knee - lack of exercise and a desk job probably doesn't help, though...so I try to take the motorcycle in when I can (more ergonomic, I've found).

Regardless, we go on long trips, commute, and tow motorcycles with our MT E, and I love it to death. I just wouldn't have bought the car if I couldn't get it in stick.

</rambling>

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I searched for several months to find a used MT Element within 150 miles, but it was worth the wait!

Hold out for the MT production to start if you really want an '09.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts