Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around for a 2010 Element EX in a specific color with the navigation. I've also been reading up on the forum about the discontinuation/small availability of the manual transmission.

However, I've been trading emails with a dealer who says that the 2010 can be ordered with a manual transmission custom from the Honda Factory, as long as I can wait 3 months.

This is the first new car that I've ever bought and I test drove one last weekend...hooked!

·
Registered
103 Posts
The dealer I purchased my 10 at said the same thing: "Do you want manual or auto?" I think you can still get the manual, Honda just doesn't advertise anymore. The dealer said this has happened before on other models.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Doubtful. More likely they are willing to find one on another dealer's lot. Honda doesn't do custom factory orders, afaik.
Actually when I got mine, it was a dealer trade, but it was still on the assembly line. My dealer asked the same thing, manual or auto? He said it wasn't so much a "custom factory order" as it was an option just like nav or 4wd. If you want it, you can order it. Or you might get lucky and find one already on order from another dealer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The dealer just wants some money down to lock you into his "sale"...then after you have waited 3 months for that Stick Element...he hopes you will buy an automatic off the lot.

We tried for 6 months to get a 2009 Stick (they WERE building them then!) to any dealer in N Mexico or Texas. Honda would only "allocate" the sticks to The East Coast and Mid West. Honda dealers can NOT order a specific car even if the buyer is in his face with the cash in hand.

So stupid that Honda was building the car I wanted and shipping it to N Hampshire to sit unsold for weeks....but they would NOT build an identical car for this region.

Honda USA did tell me I was welcome to Fly to N Hampshire and drive the car back home to N Mexico at my expense.

Funny how Volvo will special order my car...just the way I like it.... and buy me and my wife a round trip ticket to Sweden to pick it up.... and then ship the car home to my dealer.....and discount the car to boot!

I didn't buy a Volvo...I bought a CR-V automatic ($500 back of invoice) and a nice BMW (5 speed STICK) for myself.

I don't understand when people say "I want an automatic... I don't want to drive with both feet!". I shoot right back at them, "do you hop on one foot every where you go?"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries. I bought exactly what I wanted a couple days ago. Pick up a Royal Blue Pearl EX on Sunday :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
clarification?

Leesh- so you found a 2010 with a manual transmission? how hard was it to get? details please? thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts