Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda element 175k , was estimated 6,500. On the low end to replace transmission. Not an option for me but will I get anything for it in this condition if I try to sell it as is? Freaking out a little...any input would be great appreciated.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Tell us more details, its an automatic I assume, does it drive at all, is it making noises. What is the condition of the rest of the car, does it have any rust? Up here in Canada I recently called to find out how much a junkyard would pay for a rusted out Element and tow it away and they told me $500 CAD. Probably ten years ago a small SUV would only fetch around $200 CAD. I wouldnt sell it for only $500 though

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had my trans replaced about 6 months ago (290K). $3500 usd in Atlanta. Might want to check around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2006 Honda element 175k , was estimated 6,500. On the low end to replace transmission. Not an option for me but will I get anything for it in this condition if I try to sell it as is? Freaking out a little...any input would be great appreciated.
I purchased a lightly used (40k) for $500, paid a mechanic $1500 to replace the transmission and a low mileage engine! ($800). I have a refreshed engine, transmission, axles, and new struts for less than $3500. Find a good independent mechanic and always get a second opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts