Honda Element Owners Club banner

What would you like to do?

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
Just back from "Sprouts" for remaining provisions.

We're feeding Dylan (Bob) In fact we insist upon it!
The poor guy is going solo and it ain't near as much fun cooking for one.
Richelle refuses to drink any of Dylan's coffee (fears a coronary)
However; I think it's quite good.
Could easily double as high octane dragster fuel.

Hope you guys like big fat juicey cheeseburgers cause that's what we're grillin for the Pot Luck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
We're getting there early Friday, so whoever shows up later, especially in the dark, John and I will help you set up! :-D

We'll be in the upper Washburn campground with the little white teardrop trailer and grey E.

Forecast says "windy" the entire weekend.....ack. :x

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)
The Weather Channel says Windy but the Weather Underground says Breezy with low clouds and fog overnight Friday through Sunday.
That's a bit of a difference.. so who ya gonna believe?

Wind or no wind.. with this crew you know we're gonna have a good time. :grin:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
Any chance Glen is going to drop off some firewood ?

Dave - we'll have to fend without Glenn for firewood.
However I did find us some local options. :evil:

Lickity Split Firewood
2509 Village Ln Ste A
Cambria, Ca. 805-927-4101

This one is a craigslist post:
Firewood Morro Bay
"Free construction woodscraps, great for firewood.
You pick up" 805-771-9897

Degarimore's Central Coast Fuel & Ice Doc LLC
1099 Embarcadero
Morro Bay 805-772-1276

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Go fly a kite. I'll be bringing mine.
If it's windy it will make for some good kite flying.

Then there's these guys... :shock:
Expect to see a lot of this at the beach this week end.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes everyone is invited to SLO

Hey Dave,
Mel is coming here Thursday and we are heading up to San Simeon on Friday afternoon. It doesn't get dark until 8pm so we have plenty of time.
San Simeon is only an hour from here.

Let me know when you think you'll be driving through...805 541-2116 or 805 550-5576.
Looking forward to see you all:):-D
Yes, Mel and I are sharing a campsite!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Dinner and more

Marilyn - we'de enjoy taking you up on the dinner idea but we're still not sure when we'll be leaving on Friday.
You guys should pick a place and time and we'll see if we can make it.

(we like good seafood - Richelle loves Scallops and I like Fish & Chips)
Morro Bay or Cayucus would be your best bit for Scallops or fish and chips. Only 20 mins to 30 north of SLO.
Looks like Mel and I will be driving up to San Simeon Friday afternoon. We could do a Morro Bay early Dinner of fish and chips since it doesn't get dark til 8pm but it is all up in the air.
Give me a call when you are on the road.805 5412116 h or 805 5505576 cell

Maybe we could do something on the way home if we don't connect before.

I'll be looking for firewood around SLO tomorrow. What else is needed? Anything special for breakfast or dinner?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not in SS

Go fly a kite. I'll be bringing mine.
If it's windy it will make for some good kite flying.

Then there's these guys... :shock:
Expect to see a lot of this at the beach this week end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTItcKHWLA
Kites yes..waves no. Not on the San Simeon cove.....:grin: should be nice for Kayaks and there is a great hike to the point through the forest:)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Wagan Power Dome warning

I picked up a Wagan Power Dome early this year for camping trips. I got it out to recharge it this week for our trip, turned on the air compressor, and something inside caught on fire, and smoke came billowing out. I missed the Amazon return day by 1 calendar day, but the manufacturer has a 1-year warranty. HOWEVER, they REQUIRE the ENTIRE contents of the original box, including the original box, or they won't process the return. I actually just threw away half the box a few weeks ago, so they may not accept my claim. We'll see what happens. They also upped the price by about $18 since I bought it.

You have been warned.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WJEPCI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d1_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1TAV2M30D6BQVG7VXADK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

·
Registered
308 Posts
Warning taken!

Thanks for the warning :)
Sorry to hear of your situation:-(
I will be bring my Power Backup if you need one while we are up there.
Missy Marilyn

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Thanks for the warning :)
Sorry to hear of your situation:-(
I will be bring my Power Backup if you need one while we are up there.
Missy Marilyn
It's more for the toys, than for the emergencies. Actually the rest of it SEEMS to be working. I only get smoke when I start the compressor (which no longer starts).

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The Costco one was underwhelming, poorly designed, and (if I recall) had nearly zero functions beyond jumper cables. I DID go look at it though. My take on all the power supplies is that 50% fail, no matter who made it =(

·
Banned
412 Posts
Hello my Element Family:

1. Yes Gene - the campout at Lake Cachuma with my dodgeball homies is JUNE 10-12. We did not reserve a group site - it is catch as catch can for anyone to show up. Wine will be involved.

2. Ally and I are queen and king of this castle http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/recreation/rec_rentals/oak_flat.html July 1 to July 4 and we would welcome company. We are going to sleep upstairs but there is plenty of space to camp at the base of the tower, there is an outhouse, firepit, and mirth. Consider a visit. Elements and high clearance vehicles only (unless you wish to park on the road and walk 3/4 of a mile straight up). Let me know as I will have to give you the combination of the lock on the gate.

3. Have fun this weekend, do.

Ric

PS: My Costco portable battery is a POS and I let my membership lapse so I'm stuck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Hey Element Peeps - I am looking forward to lots of camp foolery with ya'll this weekend. The weather is going to be great!

·
Registered
665 Posts
This is the one picked up about 6 months ago that I use for charging toys, I did a lot of research and it is rated high. It costs more but if you want something for a long time it will pay off. At times Amazon has a cheaper price then what I see today.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-DPP-600HD-Powerpack-Starter-Emergency/dp/B000TKHMWK[/ame]

Attachments

121 - 140 of 179 Posts