Honda Element Owners Club banner

What would you like to do?

• Total voters
161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I know this is a little late but have been relaxing here at the Institute in CT, Ramblerdan will be hooking up with everyone today. Love how he called me last night while at his campsite in the same campground to let you guys know. :razz:

·
Registered
227 Posts
It was so nice to finally get to meet some of the peeps we've seen around the boards who were not at recent camps!

We found that the Washburn sites were way bigger and quietter than the other two campgrounds. How do we know this? Because the staff relocated us SIX TIMES in the first two hours we were there. GAH.

But we also found some awesome hiking trails there.
We missed Gene and Richelle!!!

Incidentally, that one photo above from Marilyn is evidence that Legioss was way more interested in the paper bag that his gag gift came in than the gift. Maybe someone can bring a bag as the gift at the next camp. :lol:

Here are pics of the San Simeon beach with John, Scott and Dave, the guys playing horseshoes at our site, and the hiking trail and vistas at the edge of Washburn.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #165 (Edited)
Yes indeed. Some very handsome peoples. Good pics I hope to see much more.
Did John grill up his killa obligatory Tri Trip?
Did you guys kayak?
Did anyone visit my friends at the Elephant Seal colony?
Anyone drive up the coast towards Big Sur?
Richelle and I want pics! Mo pics please!

Sorry we didn't make the gig. Richelle is on the mend but still under the weather - she's going to see her MD tomorrow for some antibiotics. The poor girl. :-(

Anyway - the camping bug has still got a hold on us. Gotta do something about it!
Our intention is to make a week end trip to Cachuma Lake sometime in the next few weeks.
Cachuma is one of our favorite CGs and now that they allow kayaks it's way better than ever.
Breakfast at Cold Spring Tavern again.. anyone?

·
Banned
412 Posts
Nice photos!

I missed hanging out with youse guyses as Allyloo and I camped at Lightning in a Bottle this weekend in the wind and cold and a little rain. It was a-mazing and I hope that everyone would consider this extraordinary camping festival of art, electronic music, chanting, yoga classes, with NO RULES in a beautiful oak forest by a no-swimming lake (okay - that's a rule) for next Mem Day Weekend. It's like Burning Man and Coachella had a baby.

We fell asleep to a live qawwali singer Friday night. Pretty girls with no tops on all over! No lines for anything and you can get up front for almost any stage! Excellent selection of vegan food! And everybody was so freaking nice it was life-affirming in every way. Consider this next year, do.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I am back. The last of us left yesterday, we were going to leave Monday am.

Scott (the bag hatted guy) left around 3ish. Then Dave and Jeannie decided the wind was getting to be to much and packed up with me to follow a few minutes later, leaving the camp about 7:45 pm, pulling in to home base around midnight.

- The tri tip was fabulous (thanks John and Tanya)
- Chessecake was fabulous (Scott)
- Great Scotch (Ramberdan thanks)
- The EL wire was hit (I hope someone got pics of that)
- The Elephant Seals were fabulous
- The hospitality at Marilyns fabulous. Say hi to the ladies at the dog park for me!
- the wind and my camp site not fabulous.

I would agree the Washburn campground was the best (I was not at that one) - and if we go again we need to stay there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ric, I thought the week end was nice even though I did miss having a Jam. Can't speak for everyone in regards to lighning in a bottle but i have a pretty girl of my own and do not need to see any one else topless. :)

John

·
Registered
227 Posts
I didn't even look (but one could).
Dude - just sayin'.

Dude, kinda disrespectful of the female camping fools. I think Mel, Jeanie, Richelle, Lacy, Ann, and whoever else I'm forgetting are damned pretty enough for their partners.

Not cool.

Jus sayin'. :twisted:

-Tonya

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I have very few pics that I will post later. On the way out of the area, about to go shooting down the highway, a Bobcat [looking-thing (no spots)] jumped out of the brush and ran across just behind me. I also saw 5 CHP before I even got 2 hours down the road.

Also I would like to thank John and Tonya for clay-barring my entire E while I was asleep, all the free food, and for committing to the upcoming troll-hunt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A few pics I took

A very fun and windy event we had!
I have a lot more pictures but this is my first time posting pics - so please bear with me if nothing shows up....:lol:
The potluck and group campfire were sure memorable. If you weren't there - I can't give any more details. What happens in San Simeon - stays in San Simeon. LOL - actually I'm just too lazy to write about it.
It was super nice to meet Tonya and John plus getting the low down on their very beautiful and awesome new teardrop. I looked at teardrops on line for an hour today and it looks like the 'little guy' model is one fantastic value. Dave says a king size bed is the only way he will consider it. Ooopsie - that will be more money - honey. Oh my.
...also found out that Scott knows everything about birds and Absolute Vodka.
hmmmmm
...Marilyn saved us from death by darkness on friday night by opening her home and letting us spend the night, as we got off to such a late start to drive up. She called at just the right moment (when we were watching the sunset as we drove thru Los Olivos) and invited us to stay at her place and drive up the next morning. So we reset Garmin - and made it over there in a flash. We had such a great time seeing her nifty home in SLO. Very cool digs. Breakfast was nice too. Thank you Marilyn!
Some of the amazing times we had....walking on the beaches, picking up souvenir rocks, seeing the elephant seals,
shopping in Cambria (they have an amazing art gallery), eating tons of stuff I normally wouldn't (cheesecake with a side of decadent cream puffs followed by coffee laced with kahlua, vodka and scotch - oh my!) and last but not least the moment when we took down our tent and discovered a freshly dug gopher hole directly under us. LOL Fortunately I didn't feel his excavation going on while I was sleeping or I would have freaked big time. :razz:

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dang it, I missed all the fun. Well, my truck broke when my son was driving it through Sacramento. i had to drive 600 miles round trip on Thursday to figure out how to get it back up to Alturas CA. On Friday, had my daughters graudation 180 miles. I was just too bummed out on the truck and too tired to drive the other 300 miles down to San Simeon. You all are worth it, I just couldn't make it. Slept pretty good on Saturday I was so worn out.

The truck is up on Alturas, I'm down in Reno, and we are trying to figure out what parts are needed. ARGH.

Glad to see everyone had fun! I had my fishing pole locked and loaded ready to go! Dang it.

See ya all,
Dylan (Bob)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Missed you and Ellies!

Glad to see everyone had fun! I had my fishing pole locked and loaded ready to go! Dang it.

We did have fun but many faces were missing.:?
Here are a few more pics of the crazy fun people:):evil:
Scope out Mels cool new diggs and yes that is John with Jiffy pop( yum) by the campfire. Jeannie let her Loopie crazy self out for us all to enjoy:)
A trip to remember!
It was great to have EOC house guests..1st Mel and then Jeannie and Dave. What a hoot!

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
camp out missed

Hey sorry everyone.:oops:
Things have been a little crazy for Kristen and I lately, so we had to cancel at the last minute. Pictures look great.
Hope to get all my ducks in a row and see you all at the Shasta trip.
Josh

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good job posting pics Ms Jet

.I normally wouldn't (cheesecake with a side of decadent cream puffs followed by coffee laced with kahlua, vodka and scotch - oh my!)

So fun to be bad with you on the on the campout.

·
Registered
308 Posts
New Yorker & friend

Nice to meet you guys too. A fun time.
Where was everyone at breakfast ?
We had tons of bacon waiting for you all.
After an hour waiting we just ate our meal...No cell reception and too lazy to drive up at that point.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts