Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well friends the day has finally come! Dropped the Element off on Saturday for Merc Racing TVS 900 kit install. My fabricator is working hand in hand with my tuner to make this dream come true. Attached is a pic reflecting current progress.
Auto or Manual?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Just wanted to give you all a quick update. We have run into some unforeseen challenges with this build. The plan is to make a custom bracket to relocate the hydraulic power steering pump since it is touching the blower. New fuel pump, injectors and pig tails, RSX throttle body, TB adapter, augmentation of [email protected] intake, aftermarket intake manifold gasket, coolant bypass, extra has all been done. As soon as the bracket is made then we should be good to go and ready for a dyno tune. 🤞

·
Registered
2010 EX AWD
36 Posts
Super helpful to know. My E is scheduled to go to Merc Racing for the supercharger install next week. I will share this with Jose if that’s cool with you. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Super helpful to know. My E is scheduled to go to Merc Racing for the supercharger install next week. I will share this with Jose if that’s cool with you. Thanks so much!
Jose already knows about our issues. I would communicate with him that your OEM TB is different than mine. Mine is drive by cable, yours is drive by wire. I somehow sent him the wrong TB a while back in the early stages of my build. I meant to send him an Element TB so Jose could research it, but I sent him the wrong part by accident. I ended up switching to the RSX TB as recommended by Jose because it is bigger, so I suppose it is a moot point. I think DBW TBs are harder to mod though, I could be wrong. I know Ktuner has a different tune for the 07 versus 06. 07 is when the Element changed from DBC to DBW TB.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Yeah, unfortunately the storm last week has slowed everything down here in Texas. My mechanic in San Antonio is currently fabricating a prototype relocation bracket for my power steering to accommodate the Merc Racing Harrop blower. Am trying to be patient but it's hard, miss my Element!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Whats the mileage on the auto trans?
Also are you going to run it at the track, I would love to see the times..

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Whats the mileage on the auto trans?
Also are you going to run it at the track, I would love to see the times..
Have about 190k on my auto trans. I have maintained it well, even went to great lengths to replace the trans filter about 5 years ago. Had the fluid inspected a few weeks ago and it looks clean. No, I doubt I will ever run the Element at a track.

·
Registered
2010 EX AWD
36 Posts
So I spoke to my fabricator yesterday and there have been some hiccups with the build. I guess that is to be expected as this build has never been done before with a Merc Racing setup. The latest is that the old Merc tensioner relocation bracket I bought used does not work and the dang power steering pump is hitting the blower. Luckily I have a true fabricator who will make a way using a CNC machine if he has too, but it sucks when accessory part's I bought for the kit don't work. Luckily so far none of the issues are major.

Am kind of glad my Element is in San Antonio right now and I am in Houston. Otherwise I might be giving into my OCD and driving over to the shop every day and annoying my fabricator (Israel).
Hey AWD! Would you mind letting me know what ECU and tuning package you went with? Jose needs me to order it and he sent me a link to a Hondata system that works with a 03-06 manual transmission, but I am an 09 Automatic. What are you using?

thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey AWD! Would you mind letting me know what ECU and tuning package you went with? Jose needs me to order it and he sent me a link to a Hondata system that works with a 03-06 manual transmission, but I am an 09 Automatic. What are you using?

thanks!
I think you will have issues finding an ECU/Software for the 07+ Elements..
They use a 2nd ECU for the dash functions...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)

thanks!
I am using my original 05 ECU with Ktuner software. I would email Ktuner to see if they can help you. Ktuner has a separate tune for the 07-08 Elements. I would also contact Ktuner dealers near Jose. Ktuner has a Ktuner dealer search engine on their website. I think Driven Performance is somewhat near Jose, and RLZ Engineering too. Hondata does not offer a tune for the Element. I have heard of people using K-Pro software on an Element but it's not cheap from what I remember. I guess tuning wont be cheap no matter what though... it is so important! In my opinion a dyno tune (along with street tuning) is the only way to go. I will be doing that again soon. See an old thread I started on Ktuner below:

·
Registered
4 Posts

thanks!
Boosting an 09+ will require swapping to an 07-08 Acura TSX ecu and having your key/immobilizer reprogrammed
Note: I only know of people that have done it on a manual transmission Element, and VSA will be lost in the process
TSX AT ecu: 37820-RBB-A71 or 37010-RBB-506
TSX MT ecu: 37820-RBB-A21 or 37010-RBB-505

This has been discussed at length in the Boosted Element group on Facebook that AWD, Corbinworks, and I are in. I will try to summarize the most current known info regarding tuning compatibility through model years.

Hondata KPro is compatible with:
03-06 Element MT (includes conversion harness and requires O2 sensor from an 04-05 Civic)

KTunerECU is compatible with:
03-04 Element MT (requires switching to an 05-06 MT ecu)
05-06 Element MT or AT (requires sending ecu in to KTuner for board installation)

KTunerFlash is compatible with:
07-08 Element MT or AT (does not support forced induction)
07-08 Acura TSX MT or AT (forced induction is supported)

Hondata FlashPro is compatible with:
07-08 Acura TSX MT or AT (forced induction is supported)

I have a 2010 SC and ended up selling my TVS1320 MercRacing kit before I figured out the above info.
Hopefully you and Jose can get it sorted out so those of us w/ 09+ AT can follow your lead

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are three people that have swapped in a TSX ecu into their 07+ Elements for the purpose of tuning (last one on the list is also running a turbo)

·
Registered
2010 EX AWD
36 Posts
AWD- I got a direct message from a guy named Gio Angelo, (I would love to bring him into this conversation, but don’t know how to do that ) he was having trouble posting in the forums. He sent me the following:

Boosting an 09+ will require swapping to an 07-08 Acura TSX ecu and having your key/immobilizer reprogrammed. Note: I only know of people that have done it on a manual transmission Element, and VSA will be lost in the process

Believe it or not Jose is willing to take on this experimental project to see if we can make it work. I am going to buy the automatic transmission ECU, and a tuning kit, and we’re going to see if we can make it work. That would be super Duper awesome! Do you happen to know of anyone who has had good luck putting an Acura TSXECU in an E?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
AWD- I got a direct message from a guy named Gio Angelo, (I would love to bring him into this conversation, but don’t know how to do that ) he was having trouble posting in the forums. He sent me the following:

Boosting an 09+ will require swapping to an 07-08 Acura TSX ecu and having your key/immobilizer reprogrammed. Note: I only know of people that have done it on a manual transmission Element, and VSA will be lost in the process

Believe it or not Jose is willing to take on this experimental project to see if we can make it work. I am going to buy the automatic transmission ECU, and a tuning kit, and we’re going to see if we can make it work. That would be super Duper awesome! Do you happen to know of anyone who has had good luck putting an Acura TSXECU in an E?
If Gio told you it will work, then it will. What do you mean by 'tuning kit?'

·
Registered
2010 EX AWD
36 Posts
That is what Jose calls it. I think he just means they Hondata or Ktuner interface and software to program the ECU- That’s what I mean by tuning kit, which is a term that Jose used.

Gio has been very helpful with some advice and turned me on to the boosted elements Facebook group where there is also a pretty good amount of information. Jose and his son have a greed to take on the project, which is exciting. Now that we have done a little bit of research, the ECU for my model and transmission are going to be the biggest hurdle to making it work. I don’t think anyone is completely certain that it will work. It’s always good to try :)

61 - 80 of 114 Posts