Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to MerleFest 2009? I'm a Doc Watson fan for sure.

Have you been in the past?

I've never been, keep wanting to attend. I'm already committed to CT this weekend :-(

Artists performing this year that I would love to see:

Carolina Chocolate Drops
Rory Block
Jerry Douglas
Del McCoury Band

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was there and it was a lot of fun. I saw lots of good music and many new musicians to start listening to! There were so many E's there I am surprised how few people know about this site. I told a few of them!

I saw the Del Mcoury set and it was great. He does a few of his usuals then takes requests. Great stuff.

I did not see the Carolina Chocolate Drops as they were playing on late Sunday and I was gone by then. They are great though and would encourage you to try to see them. I lived in Raleigh for 6 years so I have seen them numerous times.

I would say do what you can to come! This was my 5th straight year and I cannot imagine ever not going it is so much fun and our campsite just keeps growing with new people all the time!

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was there and it was a lot of fun. I saw lots of good music and many new musicians to start listening to! There were so many E's there I am surprised how few people know about this site. I told a few of them!

I saw the Del Mcoury set and it was great. He does a few of his usuals then takes requests. Great stuff.

I did not see the Carolina Chocolate Drops as they were playing on late Sunday and I was gone by then. They are great though and would encourage you to try to see them. I lived in Raleigh for 6 years so I have seen them numerous times.

I would say do what you can to come! This was my 5th straight year and I cannot imagine ever not going it is so much fun and our campsite just keeps growing with new people all the time!
Thanks for the follow up. I WILL be there next year. So many artists that I love. Oh, and I am a huge Carolina Choc. Drops fan. I saw them at the Kennedy Center...no one ever sits down. So much fun dancing and learning about the history of songs and the different/new to me instruments that they bring out. Very cool band.

-g

1 - 3 of 3 Posts