Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cannot decide on a color !!...so i decided to let the fine people who post on this site decide for me....the choice is : Black or Gray....i will buy the color that receives the most votes....please explain your choice...thanks inadvance...robert mcneil

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
We haven't purchased our E yet, but my Husband and I are in a debate between Black and Blue.....he is voting Black (His 1990 Civic is Black) and I am voting blue (my favorite color), but here are my thoughts....we were originally both ready to get back, but them I looked at his 1990 "Black" Civic, and when I looked at it and it appeared to be more brown than black I decided Black just wasn't the way to go....you see my husband and I keep our cars forever (his is 13 years old and mine is 10 years old) and I know I will love my E to death and drive it as long as it will go....so I am thinking that over time the black may lean more towards the lovely shade of brown my husband's civic is now......so for my vote I say SILVER!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I ordered a Silver. I have had two black trucks over the last six and one-half years - this is the opposite to black as far as Honda colours are concerned.

Iskie

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I got black but wanted blue. Before I saw it I was going for the silver one. When I saw it, I could swear it looked 2 feet shorter. Black and Blue, go blue, black and silver, go black. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got black, mainly because a friend has a black Mercedes M Class and it looks so classy. And my black EX E looks totally bitchin'!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have you checked Shoreline Mist Color on an EX? That is sweet as well. I have seen both black and silver and they both look sharp. Check out the interior colors, that may help make a decision as well. Good Luck and you will like it no matter what the color is as color is a very personal choice!

·
Registered
335 Posts
[jedi] The Shorline Mist is not the color you are looking for... move along now [/jedi]

Nothing like the old Jedi mind trick to keep people from over buying the best color...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am have a tough time keeping the black clean. Lots of spot, damn spots. I you don't think the silver looks shorter go for it. We have silver 99 crv and it still looks new.

·
Registered
352 Posts
There's nothing like driving a Blue E to remind you of the Caribbean sea.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Living in New England has taught us to stay with light colored cars. The dark colors just show wear and tear too easily with the varied weather conditions. I just ordered a silver EX. The car I am getting rid of is a 1989 Dodge Raider (made my Mitsubishi) which is silver. After 15 years of rough riding the silver still looks pretty good. I am sticking with the same color.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I were you, I would get silver. It seems like it would show less dust/salt. Also, the first time I saw a black one I thought it was a restored 1950's hearse. Of course, some people like that!

·
Registered
74 Posts
GO SILVER!!

Black just looks to bad without the contrast from panels to paint. I think the silver is sweet! It was my second choice. I bought an orange but the silver did not lose cause I liked it less, it lost because oarange fit my reason for buying the car: FUN!

Orange says fun, Silver says professional, sharp, classy, sophisticated, etc. It is much better than black.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts