Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The metallic paint quality on the driver's side rear passenger door of my Shoreline Mist EX is less than great, showing uneveness depending on the angle used when viewing and amount of sunlight. I have heard this described as "mottling" and was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so, what solution worked the best for you?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your paint. I just picked up my Shoreline Mist and as far as I can tell, the paint job is perfect. If I were you, I would be at the dealer very quickly and demand it be painted correctly. That imperfection would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you wash your car in the sun? That will cause sun spots and other problems with the paint. I have the Shoreline Mist and other than a spot inside the door on the bottom where the door shuts, it's perfect. I was going to get that fixed but now don't think it will bother me much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to the dealer and talked to the body shop manager this week. The first thing he said when he saw the area in question was "they didn't put enough paint on it" and without hesitation said he could make it right. He did also indicate that the new paint and clearcoat finish wouldn't be as "tough" (even with a baking booth) as the original paint but since it was on the side of the vehicle, it shouldn't be a problem. Any thoughts on this from experience paint and body shop folks out there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts