Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

This is sick. Commissioner Goodell is obviously not a dog person. As far as I'm concerned, what Vick did is evil for which there should be no statute of limitations. His actions were antithetical to any sense of decency, let alone sportsmanship. He would be a horrible representative for the NFL.

Any sponsor of any football game that creep played in would be getting a letter from me. :mad:

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflnewsfeed/2009/07/goodell-vick-reportedly-met-wednesday.html

Vick Could Be Partially Reinstated

UPDATED (8:16 p.m.)...

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell met Wednesday in New Jersey with Michael Vick and appears to be giving serious consideration to allowing Vick to sign with a team and participate in training camp practices but then serve an additional suspension at the outset of the regular season, sources familiar with the case said Thursday evening.

The added suspension likely would last four to six games if it's included with Vick's reinstatement, said the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the league's deliberations on the highly controversial case. The suspension, if imposed, would be without pay.

The sources cautioned that nothing had been firmly decided and that Goodell has complete authority in the matter and possibly still could change his mind. Any additional legal troubles for Vick almost certainly would result in a severe punishment being imposed by Goodell, the sources said.

An NFL spokesman said Thursday that the league would have no comment about Goodell's review of Vick's playing status.

Vick currently is on indefinite suspension by the NFL. He was released from federal custody Monday. The quarterback missed the last two seasons while serving his federal sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation in Virginia. Vick is a free agent after being released by the Atlanta Falcons.

Sports Illustrated reported on its website that the meeting concluded around 4 p.m. Wednesday at Buckley Petersen Global Inc., a security firm in Allendale, N.J. According to the report, both Goodell and Vick were seen leaving the meeting.

It is not clear if any NFL team is interested in signing Vick, 29, if he is reinstated by Goodell, who imposed the suspension on Vick prior to the 2007 season.

ESPN reported that Goodell is expected to suspend Vick for four games when a conditional reinstatement is announced next week.

Vick met Tuesday with DeMaurice Smith, the executive director of the NFL Players Association, at an undisclosed location.
Sources said that Goodell met with Vick for between three and 3-1/2 hours Wednesday afternoon in New Jersey.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The link below is to the NFL contact page. I've already sent them a message saying that I am disgusted that Commissioner Goodell met with Vick and that if he is reinstated I will write letters of protest to every corporate sponsor and any networks carrying the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

Let us be heard.

:)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i went to the link as i think michael vick is a total waste of a human being, but the form is for comments related to the nfl.com site, not the actual organization. if i find one for the commissioner or the nfl itself i will post it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks Hiker Chick,

Message sent.

If enough comments are sent to that site you can be sure the powers will get notice.

If you find a better link Yoda I will make sure to send another "message".:x

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
that is the one i was looking for. sent one to both. their inboxes need to be flooded regaurdless of if it is the correct one or not. they will get the point.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I imagine this guy (Vic) will get booed off the field. He makes us cat people sick.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I hope he does not get back in the NFL and be rewarded with a huge contract. It makes me sick. As far as being booed, it may matter on the location. The reason I say that is because lots of people around here for some reason still wear Vick jerseys and have joined a group for fans of Vick on facebook. I think the same thing he did to those dogs should happen to him. Let's put him in a pit and let some rotties get ahold of him to get a taste of his own medicine. :x

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grrrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflnewsfeed/2009/07/vick-conditionally-reinstated.html?hpid=topnews
Vick Conditionally Reinstated

The NFL has reinstated quarterback Michael Vick on a conditional basis, the league has announced.

Vick is permitted to sign with a team and participate in training camp, according to the league.

He is eligible to play in his team's final two preseason games and will be considered for full reinstatement by Week 6 of the regular season, according to the announcement.

According to the NFL, former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy has agreed to work with Vick as an advisor.

The announcement comes a week after Vick was released from federal custody. The quarterback has missed the last two NFL seasons while serving his federal sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation in Virginia.

He had been on indefinite suspension by the NFL.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made the decision after meeting with Vick on Wednesday at a security firm in New Jersey.
Vick, 29, is a free agent after being released by the Atlanta Falcons during the offseason.

It's not clear which NFL teams, if any, are interested in signing him.

Goodell wrote that he expects Vick to avoid further legal trouble and abide by the court-imposed terms of his release, including a prohibition from owning a dog. Goodell also wrote, according to the NFL, that he will hold Vick accountable for adhering to a written plan submitted to Goodell by Vick about plans for his living arrangements, managing his finances, undergoing counseling and working with the Humane Society.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Using Pete Rose for the example of a lifetime ban in a sport, VICK should have been banned for life from the NFL.

only thing we can hope for is that a team is not that stupid to draft him

·
Registered
189 Posts
Using Pete Rose for the example of a lifetime ban in a sport, VICK should have been banned for life from the NFL.

And Boycott Any Sponsor of any team that Might be dumb enough because it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
895 Posts
And Boycott Any Sponsor of any team that Might be dumb enough because it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
That is the absolute truth. The NFL would bring Hitler onto the field if it would bring in more revenue.

·
Registered
207 Posts

And what Pete did (gambling) is legal. Yes, he impacted the "integrity of the game" but it was a far less crime against humanity than what Vick did. I hope the first dog loving 350lb+ linebacker takes him out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
And what Pete did (gambling) is legal. Yes, he impacted the "integrity of the game" but it was a far less crime against humanity than what Vick did. I hope the first dog loving 350lb+ linebacker takes him out.
YES! What Pete did not kill or torture the innocent dogs that were the true victims of Vick's crime. Shame on you NFL!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
While I agree with the sentiment and want no part of Michael Vick being allowed to play in the NFL I do find something interesting. I never heard anyone here have an issue with some of the other players in the NFL who were allowed back into the league after killing another human! There have been several people killed or accidentally killed by an NFL player, yet none of you protested that person being allowed back into the league... What makes what Michael Vick worse than someone who shot, killed, maimed, etc another human and not just an animal?

Just find it interesting.

Again, don't get me wrong. I don't want him in the league and think he should be allowed to earn a living just not one where I will be watching. I also didn't want and still don't want the thugs that are a big part of the NFL.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
155 Posts
as a dog owner, what this guy did was a horrible, evil act that will be with him and his name well beyond his days here on earth.

that said, he did his time in jail. he served his sentence(regardless of whether we feel it was enough) and now he wants to go back to work. he should have the freedom to do so. most NFL franchises won't touch him b/c of the drama that comes with him. but as it was stated, there are people out there who have killed human beings and are now out, and HAVE been reformed.

i never liked vick, will never like him, but....

it's a sensitive subject.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts