Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in southeast Michigan. Downriver area to be exact. Anyone from around here? I've seen a few E's around town, so I was wondering if anybody was a member here as well. Chris
Some pics of my E. [/url]http://community.webshots.com/user/chris_starll

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in Novi. I have an EX Awd, black. Sweet fun ride. Unfortunately, mine got hit on the side in a parking lot. It's going into the body shop on Monday. The rear passenger side door is basically destroyed. Luckily the damage wasn't more wide spread. :(

There seem to plenty of E's around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about your E :cry: . I hope you get it back quickly. You have to be meticulous trying to keep that nighthawk black clean, don't you? I actually enjoy cleaning my E all the time, it gives me an excuse to keep looking at it. Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
Huntington Woods. Had one on order, had to cancel, re-ordered and it'll be here in about 3 weeks.

I've only seen two on the road. One was black- didn't care for the color but the owner raved about the car. The other was dark blue. Looked pretty sharp.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you're looking for someone downriver, I'm your guy. I just bought a Sunset Orange EX 5-speed a little over a week ago. It was tough as hell getting a hold of this one. I had to go to Howard Cooper in AA, who turned out to be the only one in MI or OH with what I wanted. Apparently, the driver side armrest is in huge demand because I'm still waiting for the dealer to get it in.

I swear the E is like taking a dog to the park. Everybody wants to know what it is and what it's got. I'm finding that alot of the ladies are loving the color. Hopefully, that's a "man, that's sharp" thing and not a "man, this guy must be gay" thing. LOL.

I saw your picks, berzerker. Did you get the optional alarm or go shopping? Or did you even get an alarm? I'm only assuming that the thing on your key ring is one. I decided not to get Honda's security system because I wanted to see what the market had to offer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Robear,
I got the alarm/remote start/keyless entry at AutoAmeristar. I don't recall the exact price, but I think it was between 4 or 5 bills. Really nice manager over there in Woodhaven. I asked about installing a front moonroof and he said it would cost about 6 or 7 hundred bucks. Sounds pretty tempting! Here is a link if you would like info for the alarm:
http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_responder.asp

And I will be adding a pic of the fairing that I put on my roof rack here:
http://www.hondaelement.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1494

Any other accesories you will be adding on, besides the storage armrest???Maybe I'll see you around, that SOP sure does look sweet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in Oak Park. GG E awd.

Looking for good alarm/remote start. Viper 550ESP has been recommended. Any comments or suggestions for other makes??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey berzerker4,

I didn't get too many options. I'm kind of like my father in that department in not getting stuff I don't really need. Pretty much, I just got the wheel locks, splash guards, chrome exhaust, and the armrest. I plan on buying other add-ons. The alarm is first, then maybe an MP3 Player. Plus my friend (who can think of a grocery list full of things he would like to do to the E) has an aftermarket shop down in Wyandotte that I can use to install parts. I don't know if you've seen the place, but it's at Eureka and 14th St. called Unleaded Racing Technologies. He hasn't gotten a sign for the place yet (except for the sticker on the front door) so it's easy to pass by.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great to meet you, from Port Huron, Black DX 5 spd. have had for 4 weeks, what a great ride. Added Cab lights I'll put a pic. on soon, I like it but I have had mixed reactions from it. Great ride

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think we all get mixed reactions from the Element. It's just whether or not you actually care about what people say. I drove mine to my family's Memorial Day breakfast and the majority of those there liked it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in Brighton/Milford area, basically next to the GM proving grounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've had our orange EX since March. We're very happy
with the vehicle and are way outside the target demographics.
We live in Downtown Royal Oak.

Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Livonia/Westland. Silver EX awd. Leasing mine from Victory Honda, Plymouth. Good dealership so far. I'll know for sure when I take my E in for the TSB windshield crack. other than that small problem the best vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had my blue E for about 2 weeks now. Originally went to look at the Pilot, but the E kept calling me over. So far I have added keyless remote, hitch, roof rack, floor mats, cargo liner, fog lamps, splash guards, And got an Ipod to fill the aux input. Need XM radio and Wayfinder compass. I would like a remote start but Honda doesn't do this, and I have read horror stories about getting warranty service after adding one. I would like to hear from anyone who has added this.
dave

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was in Detroit last weekend. Didn't have my Element with me but saw about 4 of them when I was there. Don't see too many import nameplates there to begin with. Mostly Fords.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts