Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a silver E and do business runs between Damariscotta & Camden. Just turned 11000 miles and am getting 28 mpg (Auto & 2wd).
[/img]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all you MidCoaster's. We just took delivery on our GG EX, LIC 731AAH. We see so few E's that it is a thrill when we do. I can't say that I've had this much fun owning a car since I bought my '64 Bug when I went off to college in '69 (Yes, I am ancient). Althougth the E seems to be marketed to the generation Y kids, I haven't seen any behind the wheel !
Wave when you see us.

RJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RJGrant:

I hail from Washington, ME and have a silver DX. Maybe we will run into each other. My busines travel takes me from Damariscotta to Camden stopping at all "The First" branches.
Jud

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my E last week. SOP EXS travel between Belfast and Damariscotta. Hope to see you out there. There is another SOP in Rockland I've seen it in Hannaford

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote:1b0873321d=" "]Anybody out there hail from the midcoast Maine area?[/quote:1b0873321d]

Hi there we just purchased our Shoreline EX and now have 1200 miles on it. We are in Brunswick but often on the road between there and Damariscotta. I see rjgrant pretty often. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
hello all...Well I am from good ol' midcoast maine, lived in Tenants Harbor and went to HS at Georges Valley. as you can see though it says I am from mass. Well I just moved away from the midcoast and am now living and working in downtown boston. Its nice to know that theres some owners back in my favorite place in midcoast maine. I do come back atleast every other week though and I'm sure I've passed many of you on my journeys. infact I am about to leave in a couple days to go to the beloved lobster festival. anyways I hope to bump into you all again, so if you see a GGM E with mass plates just dont think "oh there goes another 'Masshole' but think 'hey theres that guy from element owners club'" ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Roger that - Masshole! Couldn't resist. My wife is from the greater Boston area and family has since relocated to Kennebunk Port Maine. Where ever you family is located, it's your obligation to go visit them - it's a hardship but we tough out those visits on beaches of KBP. Hey-it could have been Wooster MA or someother heck hole so we don't complain.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Easy on the Worcester thing...that's where yours truely was born!

Our family has had a summer home on Bustins Island (just below Flying Point/Brunswick) for many years...so we are in Brunswick a few times each year. My wife and I have also recently renovated an old camp on Adams Pond outside of Bridgton and are in the midst of building a new home on that property...which will become our permanent home in a few years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wicked! Looks like you got out of there before it was too late? I suppose that isn't too difficult given Rt 495, a full tank of gas and your on your way. So it's your birthplace and home at one time. It's most famous citizen, I'm sure you know, was Major Taylor whom was an international sports celebrity of status with the likes of Ali, Jordan, Lewis to name a few.

http://www.majortaylorassociation.org/

·
Registered
344 Posts
Interesting link...thanks! Although born in Worcester, I grew up in the small town of Northfield (right where the state lines of Vermont, New Hampshire and Mass. intersect).

Isn't this the weekend of the Lobster Festival in the Rockport area? If so, I am glad that I won't traveling Rte. 1 today!

·
Registered
206 Posts
We're in Topsham, ME and we'll have our E on Wednesday night! :) Although, some of you may have already seen me around the topsham/brunswick area in my Tan Karmann Ghia convertable. Most people tend to remember seeing that car! :)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Wish I could help. My wife's family are all up around the Bangor/ Brewer area. We've made the trip up once or twice a year for over twenty years and I feel like an adopted Maniac. Been as far north as Lincoln, stayed in Belfast, Great Pond (Aurora mailing address), Sullivan, and Newburg.

Love your state. My brother-in-law calls anything south of Augusta "Northern Mass."! :)

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Well, I'm not from Maine but I'm driving through several times each summer all the way up to Lubec. I stop all through the mid-coast area. So, if you all ever are planning a rally or meet please announce it and I'll get my GG EX '03 up there with the dog!
We just had a meet in MA and it was great. I'd drive to ME for another!.
Last year I went through Maine several times to get to Canada.
So mid coast is a breeze,
Thanks,
jurn

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in northern Massachusetts right on the NH border and am in Southern Maine almost every weekend from June - October. If you have a Maine meet make sure to announce it because I could probably make it.

Jurneez I also drive through Lubec on my way to Deer Island New Brunswick. Do you stay in Lubec or end up in Canada?

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Chief said:
I'm in northern Massachusetts right on the NH border and am in Southern Maine almost every weekend from June - October. If you have a Maine meet make sure to announce it because I could probably make it.

Jurneez I also drive through Lubec on my way to Deer Island New Brunswick. Do you stay in Lubec or end up in Canada?

Chief I stay at both places. My father was born in Noca Scotia, so I visit out of sentimental feelings but most times I rent a farm house on the ocean in Lubec. It's really beautidul, an 1870 house out on the point by the Lighthouse with 25 ac of land but the lighthouse is on 200 ac. Yes, it's the dead end road that goes out to the point. We have sunrise over the ocean and sunset over the bay area looking back at Lubec. Last Oct. the place was for sale. Not sure what's happened since then.

What and who do you visit up there? Isn't it beautiful up there?
Although Vinnie the dog always comes back with a zillion ticks. (frown)
Always,
jurn

·
Registered
20 Posts
jurneez said:
Chief

What and who do you visit up there? Isn't it beautiful up there?
Although Vinnie the dog always comes back with a zillion ticks. (frown)
I have family on Deer Island my grandparents used to own a house on the island but have sold it. We try and get up there at least once a summer. It is beautiful up there and I now appreciate going there. It used to be torture when I was younger since there is not much too do.

We haven't brought the dog yet since most of the family on the island aren't dog people so I don't feel right bringing the dog to stay with them. We were actually trying to set a date last night for when we are going to go up this summer.

If you ever want to rent a house on Deer Island let me know I know of a few that are used as rentals.

Joy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts