Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from the Houston area, but I will be moving to Minot after Christmas. How does the E preform in he cold and snow?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Howdy Tim, welcome to the great white North!
The Element was born for winter weather. The real time four wheel drive makes for seamless transition from snow to ice to dry ground. The cabin heater defrosts the windows in no time and keeps feet toasty warm.
Just make sure to get some good rubber on your wheels. If you still have the stock Goodyears dump them immediatly and get some softer all season, all terrain or snow tires. I have General Grabber AT2s on 15" steelies for winter and they are severe snow rated. I have used them for two winters with awesome results, and they are not expensive either. For summer I just have Dueler HTs on the stock rims. My wife has the same Duelers on her Element year round and they do pretty good in the snow too, but she doesn't go off road or anything either.

FrozenE should have some good advice for making it through your first winter in nowhere land too.:razz:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Tim, if you have any ECWS issue you will learn to love the bear suit, assuming you are USAF? Otherwise definitely get some polypropylene thermal underwear and a bottle of Jaggermeister.:-D

BTW Twi how is the tread wear on those WRG2s? Are they as soft as other Nokians? I'm thinking about ordering a set of steelies and snow tires for Janet's E and the WRG2s seem to fit her less aggressive driving a lot better lol. She puts a lot less miles on than I do and they are 90% pavement.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I have the WR-SUV's (not the G2's, they weren't out when I got mine) but they're wearing great so far. I'm on over 20K miles with them and they look like new. And you couldn't say I'm a timid driver...:roll:
We can't say you are a "TIMID" anything.....................

·
Registered
297 Posts
i've got family in mandan - near minot...VERY different place than Texas!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You don't say...:roll:
If you've ever been to the North Dakota state fair you might think you were in Texas. Probably the largest gathering of cowboys and cowgirls in the region. We haven't gone for a couple years now but it's a good time. The last time we went we saw Big-n-Rich. It was 100F degrees, beer was $6 a can and they were an hour late, and I got my boots puked on by some dink in a pink Stetson. I'm hoping we can make it this year and we won't have to sleep in a tent!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I always go to the MN state fair, lotsa fun and unlimited food on a stick! :razz:
I heard that the new craze at the Texas state fair is deep fried butter on a stick. I'm only interested if I can get it wrapped in bacon. 8)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
at wurzfest (german festival celebrating sausage in san marcos) they had chicken fried bacon. first bacon i ever met that i didn't like. left a filmy greasy layer in your mouth that blocked the taste.

back to the original topic of this thread - we took the E up to Mandan, ND a few weeks ago for mr. zorak's grandma's funeral. it was right after all that torrential snow - first time i got to handle the E in the snow. was great with the AWD. That was a REALLY long trip, though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts