Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 and was just curious if newer Elements had a mirror in the driver side sun visor? Mine only has a mirror in the passenger side. I found a clip on mirror at Walmart, but the visor is so thick it won't clip on.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
There is no driver side vanity mirror because driving an Element is so exhilarating you won't care what you look like.:cool:

Seriously though there has never been one on the driver side and the obscenely thick visors make it difficult to use cd or sunglass holders too. If you use the velcro wrap around kind you can pick up a spool of velcro at the dollar store and extend the straps to fit around the visor.:)

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I thought there wasn't one on the driver side because the driver is supposed to be looking at the road, not himself. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use it to check on my son in the backseat. Can someone take a good picture of an 08+ driverside visor so we can see the dimensions? I can just keep an eye out at the salvage yards.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have an 07, and I have mirror on my driver side visor. I don't think the visors are interchangeable from 07 and on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Pre-2007 has visor extension but no mirror. 2007+ has mirror but no visor extension. Don't know they are interchangeable or not.

2007 EX:
2007-EX-Roof.jpg

2004 EX:
2004-EX-Roof.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
I didn't have a mirror on either side :-( Got one of the clip-ons for the passenger side - fit fine. I have always used the rear-view mirror to "look at myself" - I can see my tonsils fine!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Pre and post '07 visors are not interchangable due to different grooves in the headliner.

Although I hated not having the extensions in my '07, I really liked having the mirror on the driver's side . . . figures! :rolleyes:

Sounds like the velcro mirror is probably the best advice.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element EX (Blue)
15 Posts
I have a 2004 and was just curious if newer Elements had a mirror in the driver side sun visor? Mine only has a mirror in the passenger side. I found a clip on mirror at Walmart, but the visor is so thick it won't clip on.
I got a mirror for $7 on Amazon that has clips but also has adhesive on the back. I ended up just ditching the clips and just sticking it to the visor. Works great! Link for mirror: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B9HUT4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_89V1N4W9K73ZADMRHVRW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts