Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure this is a Honda problem so much as an isolated dealer incident. I submitted an online inquiry form to a dealership in my area (Detroit-ish) after visiting quite a few other dealerships in search of an Element. Not two hours after I sent the form, I recieved a call from the dealer saying they would have the exact vehicle I was looking for in less than two weeks (Sunset Orange 4WD EX). I hurried over, signed the preliminary paperwork and gave them my 500 dollar down payment. Now, it's been almost a month and still no Element. I understand there are probably supply problems considering it's new to the market and very popular, but this guy pretty much lied. He knew I'd buy if I thought I'd get it soon.

Moral: Ask for a worst case senario when ordering. This way, you won't get your hopes up become frustrated (or as frustrated) as I am.

Still can't wait, though :D

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
I'm not a dealer, nor do I play one on tv, but I would guess that many dealerships are hearing one thing about inventory and the actual supply is yet another. Just guessing, but the Element is a new model and demand is getting high, so...

I hope you get yours soon, or at least get a legit estimate of when to expect it.

Please keep us posted. We'll be anxious to hear how things go.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
when you signed the order for your element did it have a vin #??
if it did it should arrive in about 5 days after it was built. if the suv has not been built yet the dealer should have a gereral idea of when it should be built and then you could add about 5 days to get to the dealership.
good luck , i'm sure you'll enjoy it when you do get it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update. Since I ordered, the production date went from Jan 12, to Jan 21, to Jan 24, and was just moved to Feb 4 today.

Hard to stay excited through the frustration.

Anybody having a similar experience?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hard to say whats going on where you ordered yours from. as for us . i'm getting mine in faster then i can sell them. you earn your elements on how well you sold crv's and we've always done a great job with them. in fact right now i'm sold out of crv's until march. good luck with your element you'll love it when you get it , i'm sure
gary

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah I've had the same thing happen to me :? My salesman said the Jan 10 then the 20 then Feb 4 Now its the Feb. 5-11. Whats up with that? But I did see one in my color today (He offered it to me but it had too many options) and did it look B-E-A-UT-I-F-U-L! So now I can wait awhile. Also if theres any bugs maybe by taking awhile longer, They can work them out.....Butch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could be worse....

I checked out the Saturn VUE. the sales person told me that right now, if it was not on the lot it would take 14 weeks to have it shipped.

Just crazy.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
tigernumber6 & Butchieboy
Sheesh guys this sounds like what I went through when I had a house built the settlement date kept changing!

Ihad talked to a couple dealers since umm like September, or earlier.. and I kept checking and checking, they told me they expected the 1st ones to come in, in december, they came in as they expected. I also was told what colors and when they would come and in, and that was pretty much on too.

I gave a deposit to one dealer in November to hold the first Blue EX 4wd that came on his lot for me. I asked when I could expect it, he said January, it came in January 22nd, I took it home on the 25th and mulling over our current vehicle issue (we had not listed it yet).. So I have had some good luck and such with my local dealers, they were pretty good about the info..

have you just been talking to one dealer or several, if just one, i would suggest branching out especially if you get a different answer every time you ask... that is screwy!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah GYPSY, If I hear one more date change I'm gonna start lookin for another dealer. I like mine a lot but cannot accept another change. Also I was late to the game. I had to take my 1992 Suzuki off "repair dependency drugs" and put it to rest for awhile. So I didn't seriously consider a new car until the first week of January......Butch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Butch
I also live in the detroit area and I had no problem finding my sunset orange ex 4x4 . I testdrove one 2 weeks ago at Troy Honda and loved it. The salesman told me if I ordedred one it would be in in 30days. On the 27th I emailed them back for a quote and didnt believe my eyes when they replied and said they just got one in on the truck that morning with the options I wanted. Needless to say i went right down there and drove away with it. Troy Honda and my salesman Rich gave me excellent customer service and also through in a free 5yr, 100,000mile waranty as long as u do routine service at there dealership. All and all a excellent experience and I absoluty love my new element. :)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Butchie keep us posted, and I wish you luck, you have much more tolerance that I do, and I would feel like they are just screwing around with me.. they better be REAL good to you for what you are putting up with!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tiger, is this a manual trans you ordered? I have heard they are only building about 1 per week and no dealers can get them before the end of February.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went thru the paperwork game with my dealer, left no deposit, and waited on a Silver EX which was due in a week. When it was late/delayed, they would tell me what city the delivery truck was in (who cares?) but, could not promise a delivery date in Florida...my guess is that they worked an exchange with another dealer.

This ended up working to my advantage... My wife and I had not been real crazy about the blue seat fabric and interior trim on the Silver and when we saw the Shoreline Mist , it was c-o-o-l !!!

Their is an Element for every taste!!!.

The dealer checked availability on a Shoreline Mist EX and they told me 5 days and provided the VIN# at my request (just as "boxcar" - the dealer suggested). The car took a couple of extra days to arrive but, it was worth the wait.

GET THE VIN#..... GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Another Yeah to our resident Dealer: BoxCar!

Silver I am glad you got your Shoreline, what is the color like, I have yet to see it in person and that is driving me kinda nuts, smiles. Now I guess you have to change your name to Shoreline or Mist, hee..

I have the Blue with the blue interior accents & it looks awescome! Perhaps in the silver it just did not works as well.. or also personal taste, this vehicle is very unique, the colors unique, and they covered all those categories with the colors they chose for the Element nicelyI think. I might have to do a personality to color thing soon, for the fun of it.. there is a personality to each, i just to need work on the specifics, smiles!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts