Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Before I broke my back.. could care less if a car had heated seats. But now.. makes a big difference how long I can drive.

Sharper Image has a sale on their heated seat and just ordered one. Supposed to be one of the best ones out there. Granted we are going into summer but heck.. it is on sale.

http://www.sharperimage.com/Persona...tm_source=Nextag&utm_medium=CSE&PROMO=CSE2010
shari,,i also never cared for heated leather seats till a few years ago i bought a 99 tahoe ,,i sold it last year for my e,,,the only thing i miss in the tahoe,,the heated leather seats...dont miss the $70 fill ups..

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I hope that's a typo on the Sharper Image website. They have a "generous" 3.5 foot long cord?

I have a couple 12v sockets on the front of the center console but the stock plug on the dash wouldn't make it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Glad I am not the only one that likes heated seats!

You know Desinia, I have no idea. But will find out when it arrives and post about it here. :grin:
If it is that long, sure it would reach the back plug!:razz: if the E was shorter in length. LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Husband bought a 2 way splitter for the front plug. That way I can run my GPS and the seat. Neither product pulls much from the system, at least from what he could find out. So should be well within the car's limits.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK it arrived. Pretty good quality, though one issue.

The Elastic on the back of the heated pad, that is supposed to slide over the top of the seat to hold it in place, won't work on the E's with the seat belt on the seat.

My solution is to cut the Elastic, stitch in some heavy duty Velcro, so I can get it around the seat like it needs to be.
Not perfect but it should work.

The power cord is pretty short but it will reach to the front plug. Or I might get that extension and run the wire out of the way to the back plug. Choices.. choices... :roll:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
OK it arrived. Pretty good quality, though one issue.

The Elastic on the back of the heated pad, that is supposed to slide over the top of the seat to hold it in place, won't work on the E's with the seat belt on the seat.

My solution is to cut the Elastic, stitch in some heavy duty Velcro, so I can get it around the seat like it needs to be.
Not perfect but it should work.

The power cord is pretty short but it will reach to the front plug. Or I might get that extension and run the wire out of the way to the back plug. Choices.. choices... :roll:
I went the route of adding a couple extra outlets on the front of the center console, one on front of each cup holder. BOY! Honda should've put them there in the first place because it's the handiest spot for just about any use.

Here's a link to the do-it-yourself faqs with a pic in post #5.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4179

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a great idea, Thanks. :grin:

Would have to be a future project though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts