Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic has been discussed a few times, but I figure I'd share my personal experience:

I've owned my AWD Black EX for about two weeks now and since picking it up I've had two people mistake it for a Benz G-Class SUV (the G-Wagon).

A week ago a woman I work with said "It looks verisitle, but I can't believe Mercedes would make something so ugly." Then, last night, I was looking for a parking spot in downtown Denver when a group of girls walked by on their way to a bar, and one said "Oooh, nice G-Wagon."

So, given that the E is $60k less than a G, is bound to be more reliable, gets much better gas mileage, is much cheaper to insure, and people can't tell the difference between the two, who in their right mind would buy a G??

Anyone else have similar experiences?

BTW: I traded in an Audi S4 for my E. I love it so far!

·
Registered
335 Posts
FYI - "Hurst" is shifter, a "hearse" is for carrying the dead to their final resting place.

That is funny though!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
[quote:9d1bfb98b8="Mark II"]Thanks for the correction. I guess I have been around race cars more than funerals..[/quote:9d1bfb98b8]

But that's a good thing!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Geezz.. Some people, it only has a huge H on the front and on the back!
Humm... I think that stands for Honda???

I parked outside a borders books with my Ferrari 355, and this girl walks by and says nice mustang!... Guess she saw the horse on the back and thought it stood for mustang!...

Bimbo Alert!!! Man, I don't think she knows the difference of any kind of car, you just wonder how many girls, even know what kind of car most cars are!

Maybe it was the same girl, thinking that the Giant H on the honda Stands for Mercedes... Not sure how you could mistake that, but you never know!

Karl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had people tell me it looks like a mini-hummer! I traded in a Lexus GS300 for my Element. Talk about one extreme to the other, but I love my Element.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know if it's a sign of the economic times, or what, but it seems like quite a few of us have traded in "high end" cars for our Elements.

I can honestly say I like my E much more than I liked my S4. One of the main reasons is that there's an incredible freedom in not having to worry about reliability. You can't walk out of an Audi dealership without spending at least a grand.

Plus, there's a weird feeling of superiority when driving an Element. Everytime I see an H2 now, I just think "you idiot."

·
Registered
429 Posts
An old friend saw my E for the first time at dinner a couple of nights back. His remark -- "It looks like a British paddy wagon." I always thought a French bread truck myself. I have to admit the first time I saw an E (black) I thought it was a Mercedes.

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:aa57eb17ce="karlz28"]
Bimbo Alert!!! Man, I don't think she knows the difference of any kind of car, you just wonder how many girls, even know what kind of car most cars are!
.[/quote:aa57eb17ce]

Ahem. Many many women know one car from another, but I find most of the mistakes are made by people - men AND women - who are simply not in tune with cars at all. That just boggles me. How do they drive all the time and not notice car differences?

I don't drive a Lexus, Nissan, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, Mercedes or other vehicle but I know their emblems, model names and styling, and a few facts about them. A lot of people see "red car" and nothing else. Bizarre.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am girl, but also somewhat car educated, I think that is what happens when you have two older brothers who would beat you up if you said anything stupid, especially in regards to cars!

My oldest brother's first car was a '66 Red Mustang, and he spent the better part of his college years restoring it. It is too bad that he sold it when he went off to Law School....that car was sweet, and no mistaking it for anything but what it is!

As far as the E goes....I honestly don't know how anyone could mistake it for what it actually is, after all there is nothing like it on the road today.
But to plays devils advocate, the E does look like a distant realtive of the Mercedes and the Hummer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had many comments thrown at me while driving my E as to what it looks like, to be honest It really makes me smile because one way or another whether they like it or do not they look and they look and can't seem to let their eyes wonder. It is either hypnotic or they simply just don't get it. :roll:

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote:1d7ca5968b="ElementCyclist"]
So, given that the E is $60k less than a G, is bound to be more reliable, [/quote:1d7ca5968b]

you have got to be kidding me. only retards can't tell the difference between the two. and the honda is more reliable than the benzo, you have got to be f ucking kidding me!

·
Registered
351 Posts
>>How do they drive all the time and not notice car differences? <<

People probably spent more time in buildings than they do in cars, but I bet most couldn't tell what style building they are in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts