Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm (still) not an E owner yet, I haven't had the time to go car shopping, plus I have to decide new or used... anyway.

The other day while riding in my friend's EX, I thought, "I think there's enough height in this box for a portable office." I don't mean working from the passenger seat, but actually taking out the back seats and setting up a small table and chair (maybe a pilates ball which I sit on anyway). This way I can park by the lake or go into the mountains and get work done with less distraction (I usually work from home). Does anybody else do this? I assume there's no way to open the rear window from the inside right? I'm thinking a sunroof model would be best for this.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
See this thread!

Dom

·
Registered
22 Posts
my element office

I did turn my element into an office. It's currently taken apart because I'm moving. Here's what I did:

Buy one of these computer desks: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00120818

Don't attach the tripod legs. Instead go to the hardware store and buy the largest one of those old-fashioned rubber foot thingies for wooden chairs. Slap that on where the tripod legs go. Then take the headrest off on the passenger side and re-attach through the large handle at the top of the desk. Now you've got a monopod computer desk you can use from the back seat.

It works really well and you can still move the seat back and forth to get in.

I also have the black Target table (search!) that my printer sits on. I put an inverter under the driver seat and ran my extension cord under the floor. I can park, set up a print job and print while driving and have copies of everything when I get to my next appointment.

Works pretty well. And pretty cheap -- cost me about $200 to rig my office.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts