Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone I figure I would fill you all in.

As some of you may know, my mom was diagnosed with stage III non small cell lung cancer back in December 08, so I've been kind of absent from the forum.

I am sad that Mom had passed away Friday May 8th, but I am relieved in a big way that she is no longer suffering anymore.

She had lots of hope until the very end, and she made it home just in time to pass away with all of us there in her home. Thank god for hospice, they made us understand that she was no longer suffering because of the meds, and she passed away with dignity.

Here is a pic of Mom and I this past Christmas.

So guy's when is the next camping meet? I'm there, I need to get out and have fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
sorry for your loss Shane

·
Registered
140 Posts
You and your family are in my prayers. I am sorry to say too I know exactly how you feel. I lost my mom to lung cancer too. But yes you do have to remember all the wonderful times you did share with her and she is no longer suffering. God Bless.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sorry Shane.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My condolences to you and your family, Shane.

·
Registered
872 Posts
it's kinda hard to put it to words,but keep her in your heart&mind,she wont forget you either.remember she will always be with you.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Hi Shane,
My heartfelt condolences, sorry about the loss of your mom. It's good that she could be surrounded by her loved ones in a comforting environment.

-gisele

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I lost my grandfather at the first of the year to a long, long battle with heart conditions and various health problems. It is very hard to deal with the loss but a relief to know that they are no longer in pain. My best to you and your family.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My sympathies Shane. Get out with the NE crew, they will provide comfort and peace....err, wait. No they won't, but there'll be hugs and laughter which is a great way to deal with pain!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Sorry to hear the news, Shane. I went through that with my dad in '73 and my wife in '97, so I have some idea what you faced. You're correct in perceiving that the end of suffering eventually comes as a great relief to us survivors. It also reminds us how brief our time here really is, and helps us refocus on the things that really matter. Friends, for example. It's good to know you have the NorthEast gang there for support.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'm so sorry Shane. Please come to Harper's Ferry and see us.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Shane - Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like your mother was one terrific person.

Please come to Harper Ferry at the end of the month. Its a combo NE/Mid Atlantic/National meet.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Vey sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure Hospice provided great comfort to your Mom and your family....they are wonderful. Thanks for sharing that precious photo.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and concerns, I cant believe its been five weeks already since mom's passing, it's hard to believe she's gone.

As for Harpers Ferry, Damn! I wish I had found out earlier. I really want to get to another national meet and see all the new and old faces of the EOC.

I am sure to get to one of the NE meets when they pop up again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts