Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering trading in my Prius and getting an Element. I want the moon roof. Does the 08 have a moon roof? How about the 09?

Thanks!
H

·
Registered
288 Posts
As far as I know, the "moon" roof has been standard on the 4WD models from the beginning. It's not even an option on the 2WD or SC. If you get a 4WD Element, get the sun shade, too. I'm thinking about it-the interior gets kinda warm because of the sun shinninig in.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
As far as I know, the "moon" roof has been standard on the 4WD models from the beginning. It's not even an option on the 2WD or SC. If you get a 4WD Element, get the sun shade, too. I'm thinking about it-the interior gets kinda warm because of the sun shinning in.
Opening the moonroof goes a long way to keeping things cool.

How about the 09?
The moonroof was discontinued for 2009.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,958 Posts
Opening the moonroof goes a long way to keeping things cool. . . .
Putting a piece of 35% static tint film on it goes a long way toward reducing the greenhouse effect through the moon roof, and doesn't interfere with opening the panel for ventilation. I made a dollar store sunshade to use on the moonroof. It sticks to the vinyl film nicely with the panel open, but it hasn't been sunny enough since I made it to need it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
what gary said. up to 08 on 4wd models only. i like having it because leaving it open REALLY does help keep the car cooler - did i mention we're on like our 7th 100 degree day in a row here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I want to see a pic

Round?

any pictures?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.