Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We noticed that there is a clicking noise coming from the upper dash of the E. Specifically in the area of the lower right portion on the windsheild. The dealer said it was the cowl cover not attached right and fiixed that but didnt help.

Has anyone else noticed this?

dp

·
Registered
253 Posts
None here, just a rattle from the dash.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had this problem and my dealer was finally able to resolve it. There is an extensive thread on this topic at: "Ask The Dealer", "Annoying Dashboard Rattle Noise". The dealers give everyone the runaround hoping that you'll just go away and utimately ignor it by turning your CDs up louder - but they can fix it. Read that thread and keeping after the dealer. My E has been quiet for the last 3 or 4 weeks and about 2000 miles - so it looks like they got it. We'll see when the weather gets colder...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
52 Posts
We picked ours up 6 days ago, brand new with only 7 miles on it. I have read a TON of threads about dashboard rattles but ours is distinctly different. It appears ours is making the "popping" sound from the headliner near the front windshield. Either that or it is the dashbaord and the noise is reflecting off the glass and making things sound as though it is coming from above.

Anybody else find the same?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been hearing a popping sound coming from the rear of my car for some time now and thought it was the "spot weld" thing with the tailgate hinges. The other day I had a friend sitting in the rear driver's side seat while I was driving. Whenever we would go over a bump or turn, his seat made a popping noise. We pinpointed it to be coming from the area where this seat was attached to the side of the car. The seat or the hinge must be loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts