Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a view of some of my newly installed accessories:

You can see my new parking brake cover and my Nokia cell phone mount here.

The parking brake cover is installed by cutting off the existing cover and sliding the new one over. You cut at the point where there is a seam. I did it with a keyhole saw. It was dead easy. The nasty part is that the cut shows. I plan to get a rubber washer to slide down over the shaft of the parking brake. It will cover over the cut and make it look a bit better.

The Nokia phone mount is attached with double-sided automotive tape. I had to build up underneath to get the tape to lay flat when pushed onto the subwoofer cover as there is a indentation under the mount. It's best to let the tape "cure" a day or so before mounting the phone. It's quite sturdy now. And the good thing is that this tape will come off with some frim but gentle tugging and prying.

A slightly different view.

Another slightly different view. Note the loads of maps in the driver side door. On the passenger side it's full of tourist guides from my trip up to Midland Ontario with the bf.

My helicopter air freshener. The top prop spins in the airstream from the fans. Yes, I am going FOB.

And my Wayfinder 6000. I plan to move it to the middle of the windscreen on the driver's side of the rearview mirror. I am thinking that it should be possible to make my own power lead from a Radio Shack connector, some wire and a fuse. I also would like to get an eyebrow shade for the top of the windscreen as Einstein has done.

That's all for now. :lol:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Awesome! I like them all, but especially the helicopter!

While you're at Radio Shack, be sure to pick up some LED's and put them inside to light it up at night! :lol:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The helicopter lights up if someone calls my cell. :lol:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just a note on the double sided tape. I used it to mount an ashtray holder in the same spot as your phone holder. It would hold for a little while but as soon as it got hot inside the tape would give way. I would come out to find the ashtray on the floor. When I got my aftermarket console I glued the holder to it. I wish someone would come up with a bracket thet screws into existing holes and wraps around the top of the sub. Then you could mount things with screws with out perminant damage..

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is my first post not only here, but anywhere. So please bear with me. I see your storage armrest in your E and it looks as though you have a 5SPD. Everywhere I've seen said you couldn't do that. I didn't understand why unless it was just a shifting clearance issue if the seat was slid up. Do you know if that is the only issue? I can't stand the fact the pass. seat has no armrest.
I love the look of the shifter and boot also. I want to change mine as well. How do you get the shift handle and boot off?
Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am gonna give it a try when I can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.