Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got these babies (40K miles) I thought they were overpriced. Now I am approaching 120K and they still don't look like they are going to wear out anytime soon.

Anybody get to 100K? What was the longest/shortest amount of time these tires wore?

·
Registered
23 Posts
38K to 119K on Michelins

I got mine at Costco. Best $500 I've ever spent and they're still going. Unfortunately I blew out a tire on a pothole and because of the new tire they won't rotate them anymore. C'est la vie! 100% believer in buying quality though. I remember asking the guy how many mile-tire this is, aka, 30k, 50k. He said they don't rate them that way. Now I know why.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
THis isn't necessarily specific to the M/S but all my past Mich sets typically got 80-100k miles.

The tread never reached a point of looking to be replaced BTW. THe tire would finally give up on sidewall strength and the tires would go out of round. Also, typically the last portion of the tread rubber is very...very...hard so you'll lose traction even with tread channels in there.

Not that I was never complaining with that kind of mileage put on any given set...just know the tire's performance tends to drop off before critical wear signs.

Enjoy until then!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of miles - well done!

How often did you rotate them?

Did you add the rear camber kit to be able to adjust rear camber?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just ordered my second set of LTX's. The current set on the E have around 75+K on them. They could easily go longer but, winter is coming and I'd rather have a new set now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've got about 60K on mine and they have many miles to go. I paid about $600 for mine, but still a real deal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

Tires look great @ 128K (88k miles)

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
We are slightly past 100K miles on ours, with LOTS of tread left. But not lots of traction, unfortunately. I can pretty easily chirp the tires on the 1->2 upshift, much more than really should happen given the unenhanced engine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats good to know about the loss of cold weather traction. In the northeast, it has been doing nothing but icing/snowing/sleeting almost the whole month. Every year I ask myself if these tires are safe enough for another winter. Not going to push my luck.
Thanks dude.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thats good to know about the loss of cold weather traction. In the northeast, it has been doing nothing but icing/snowing/sleeting almost the whole month. Every year I ask myself if these tires are safe enough for another winter. Not going to push my luck.
Thanks dude.
We are taking a beating here in the northeast this winter..my Ltx/Ms are only 5k miles old

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
137k headed to 140k not bald yet....maybe I'll get 1 more winter out of them, yeah, thats the ticket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update:

100K on LTX M/S's.

Just ordered M/S2s from Costco ($730 with rebate). These are Tire Rack's top rated tire.

Notes: At 100K the old LTX's are just starting to hydroplane and drift in heavy rain. I'd look to replace at 80-90K next time. These tires were awesome though, no question. I remember when they were new driving 70MPH down the highway in Kansas in snow, never drifting or losing the least bit of traction. Also drove in mud up to the rims. No complaints at all. Quality is worth it, though I'm a little mad they cost almost $200 more than last time!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Made it through the winter 105k. Need a new muffler.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally replaced w/LTX MS2's-115K! I had to upgrade to 225/70/16, but I like the meatier look. Reading Locksmith's post made me feel better about not spending too much. The guy at Costco said to me, "you know they really still had tread left on them" when I told him the mileage, he did the math on the computer, shook his head and realized that I wasn't just doing this for the sake of the new look. Costco and LTX MS2s can't reccomend these tires more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts