·
Registered
3,645 Posts
somebodyontheinterweb said:
K24A4
Found in:
2003-2005 Honda Accord, 2003-2006 Honda Element
Displacement: 2,354 cc (143.6 cu in)
Bore and Stroke: 87 mm x 99 mm (3.43 x 3.90 inches)
Compression: 9.7:1
Power: 160 hp (119 kW) @ 5500 rpm (166 hp in 2007/2008
Torque: 161 ft·lbf (218 N·m) @ 4500 rpm (@4000 rpmin 2007/2008
Redline: 6800 rpm

I'm not sure if the details in the above info is correct, but my Service Manual does list the 03-05 as being the K24A4 motor.

If you look at your vin# the first three should be 5J6 (Honda of America MFG)

the next 3 would be YH1 (line-body-engine type or Element 2wd/k24a4)

the next number is a 7 is its 5speed stick or 8 for 4speedauto

etc....

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you are purchasing OEM parts the dealer does not need this information as their parts catalog already knows it there was only one engine used. Honda parts catalogs are set up by model(Element), year(2003), and grade(LX, EX, etc). As long as you know that the rest is not needed and in fact of limited use depending upon the model as the catalogs do not sort by engine. Other models that came with different engines depending upon the grade(LX, EX, etc) still do not need the know the engine code as long as you know the grade as each grade only had one engine type installed. The best thing you can provide your dealership parts person with is the VIN it will tell them everything they need to know for most late model Hondas and Acuras.

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
If you are purchasing OEM parts the dealer does not need this information as their parts catalog already knows it there was only one engine used. Honda parts catalogs are set up by model(Element), year(2003), and grade(LX, EX, etc). As long as you know that the rest is not needed and in fact of limited use depending upon the model as the catalogs do not sort by engine. Other models that came with different engines depending upon the grade(LX, EX, etc) still do not need the know the engine code as long as you know the grade as each grade only had one engine type installed. The best thing you can provide your dealership parts person with is the VIN it will tell them everything they need to know for most late model Hondas and Acuras.

Normally this is the case.

MarcoFranssen resides in Holland where the Element was never officially imported by Honda.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Normally this is the case.

MarcoFranssen resides in Holland where the Element was never officially imported by Honda.
:grin:

with the correct motor type i get the correct parts !! the only discusion i had with the parts sales man was about the spark plugs. i want the NGK Irridium, bud they dont have them. i must get them somwere else.

Since your vehicle won't be included on the dealers parts listings you can look up the part numbers and bring them to the dealer and be sure you are getting the right stuff.

www.hondapartsdeals.com
great tip !! thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts