Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mountain biking is one of the reasons I bought an Element, that and the last few vehicles I've owned have been unreliable garbage. Anyway, today I rode in the light snow that we had here on Long Island, NY, and it was such a pleasure to just wipe out the rubber floor clean in two seconds.

I have a pic of the way I was hauling my bike, although I just started rolling it into the box and securing with a fews bungee cords. This thing is too easy.

As soon as I get home the wife wants me to get groceries, hmm no problem as I like driving now. Roll out bike, wipe clean and no wet carpet. The only difference is now I park way away from all the door swinging dummies at the supermarket to protect my rolling toaster.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Welcome aboard! I got my E for hauling my road/mountain bike too. I have yet to get bike racks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the rack in the pic that I used in my Ford Explorer; it was such a PIA as the seat had to be pushed down (scratching seatpost) or taken out for it to fit.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Nice...a rigid karate monkey? That seat post is way out there. I can see where you'd have trouble getting it into most vehicles. All I ever do for my front wheel is run a small bungee around the head tube & thru the rim and it stay put pretty well.

I love SS'ng in the fall/winter. Got an old rigid spot I've been riding for 5 or 6 years. Nice having a low maintenance bike when it's too freaking cold to wash it at night/early morn for mid-week rides. Lucky for riding (unlucky for my water bill) looks like our drought will continue and we'll be riding pretty much all winter down here!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it is a 1x1 with 650B wheels. It fits perfect and the bottom bracket height is still only 12 inches. The frame is made for really fat tires. I have a 29er also.

The photo makes the saddle look higher than it is.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Really. I thought they still only did white or black in the 1x1. I've only seen a brown Karate Monkey. I rode last week with one of the local chix that has one of the covented pink 1x1's. I was thinking of getting a 29'er Spot but I'm still not sold on their whole belt drive thing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is black, I see it looks brown in the pic lol. I'm not sure of the belt drive yet either, I'll let that sort out first.

My Curtlo 29er softail:

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
The bike handles the snow just fine, although the V-brakes leave a little to be desired once packed with snow! I'm running some deep knobby 2.5's @ about 25psi and traction is pretty good. It's the rider that is questionable, just have to remember to adjust my technique accordingly :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts