Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stumbled on to this website today, as I have just been informed by my insurance company that my 2000 Electric Blue CR-V is a total loss from an accident my husband had in it over the weekend. I am relieved that he is okay (we have each now crash-tested a Honda), 'cause he is one thing I certainly can't replace. But now on to thinking about the thing that I must replace--my most loved vehicle. According to the insurance folks, I have will have five days left on my rental car from the day they contact me with the financial details--YIKES!

My CR-V (lovingly referred to as Electra--the first car I have ever named!) was my very first new car, though I was in my early 30s when I bought her. I have only ever owned Hondas ('80 Civic hatchback, '85 Accord hatchback, '89 CRX, '98 Accord, '00 CR-V), and have loved every one of them. While my friends gripe about car troubles, I take my vehicles in for oil, water and regular maintenence and never wonder or worry about how well the car will serve me. I will only buy a Honda.

My husband is 6'6 and built a built a bit like a linebacker. He found the CR-V to be supremely comfortable and it suited us both so well (I am 5'4"). I am considering a new one partially because we love to drive on dirt roads, and though she couldn't handle the big power uphills and major 4x4 stuff, we got places that surprised many with bigger, spiffier vehicles. I notice there is a difference in ground clearance (CR-V has a bit more).

The E caught our eyes months ago and I am officially enchanted. We have no kids, but might here in the near future, and I can't imagine a more perfect kid vehicle than something that can simply be hosed out! I loved my CR-V, but it's now a different body style and now that this decision presents itself, I am trying to do a quick comparison.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Enough of my life history :wink:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for the input. We bought our new E last Saturday :D Drove the CR-V as well, but the E was the winner. It's SO roomy, and hubby even found a way to adjust the driver's seat down a bit so he can see the speedometer as well. Cruised around in town Saturday night and took it out on the dirt roads Sunday to escape the desert heat (400 miles in 24 hours). GREAT on both roads and the engine is so much more peppy than I expected.

More later--I have the day off and have found an excuse to run errands :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.