Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 4WD 5sp
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(technically second post, my first post I think was blocked as spam so I'm trying another. This is a pure copy+paste but with a new title and hyperlinks removed)

First off - thank you to the past, present, and future members of this forum. There's so much great information and inspiring content that has been shared over the years and it definitely led me to purchasing my first (and second..) E.

So check this out- I've hung a projector screen and using a battery-powered pico projector + bluetooth soundbar to make a super comfortable mini-theater. Now anyplace I go can be a drive-in! I use a chromebook to play the movies, but after plugging in the HDMI and using a little keyboard remote, I close the lid, which means the battery won't be drained powering its display. While this projector does have a speaker, I opted to connect wirelessly to the soundbar since I wanted higher quality stereo sound. We easily hit 4 hours of watching before this projector died.

Another neat touch is the air mattress I am using fits perfectly and flips up against the tailgate, so as seen in this first picture, between that and a body-pillow (or just pillows) you can sit up like a couch or just lie down. The screen is hung by paracord tautly strung through the door latch. This might be a tight squeeze for some, but luckily my partner and I are well under 2 yards tall. It's helpful to push the front seats forward, also, this particular screen doesn't have to be fully opened to its 4:3 ratio like it is in the pic, so shortening it while it's hanging gives more feet room.

Motor vehicle Gadget Gas Rectangle Display device

Here's a pretty nice representation of the viewing quality. It's awesome, even with the fairy lights on. FYI, the 10ft Luminoodle you see dangling is uncomfortably bright in the back, I don't have the one with the remote/dimming function. Projector is mounted on a little tripod wrapped around one of those clothes hanger bars. Anything else is bungees and zip ties at this point. The rear hatch is able to close just fine.

Purple Gadget Display device Entertainment Electronic device

And since this is an intro, gotta show my ride :cool:
-2007 4WD manual-
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Let me know if you have any questions! I tried to get the most bang for my buck for this novel endeavor and love how it came out. Next on the list will be a simple platform with around 6" rise to slide some storage under but keep comfortable headroom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I LOVE THIS!!! It looks so cute and cozy!!! I’m also totally jealous of your orange E!!! I always wanted that color!!! I have the solid slime green colored E myself! Anyway, I love your drive in theatre idea! Fantastic! I may have to try that out myself!!!

·
Registered
2007 4WD 5sp
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I LOVE THIS!!! It looks so cute and cozy!!! I’m also totally jealous of your orange E!!! I always wanted that color!!! I have the solid slime green colored E myself! Anyway, I love your drive in theatre idea! Fantastic! I may have to try that out myself!!!
It's uber cozy, thank you!
I think the most important product to share is that projector screen, it fits so perfectly - smile.amazon.com/dp/B01BMNXJ06
(hmu if you need suggestions for electronics)
For everything else, YMMV, have fun :cool:

In the next 3 weeks I'm building an 8 inch raised plywood platform with threaded iron pipes+flanges. It'll be cheap and simple

1 - 3 of 3 Posts