Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and Saw the Day the Earth Stood Still. Wow that sucked....The Alien, Talks just like Neo in the Matrix. The best part is at the end of the movie were the bugs eat everything...My date actually fell asleep Twice !:twisted:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Keanu can't act. He is doing the same character from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, just more serious. For some reason this worked in the Matrix Series.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
:lol: That's what I've been saying for years- I just never understood the hype and why he commands so much money. Also heard he was a classically trained actor . . . that doesn't mean he's good at it!

Hollywood has a knack on messing up the originals, with a few rare exceptions. Think it has something to do with greed . . .

·
Registered
68 Posts
I didn't hear any review before I saw it, but I went and saw it the other day and I think it was worth the $5.50 matinee price I paid for it. Entertaining enough for a movie. I've lowered my expectations over the years, but I've seen a lot worse movies than that before.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The original was on Turner Classic Movies or AMC the other night and I got to sit and watch that. What a great flick.

I had no intentions of seeing the new one when I saw who was starring in it. Bill and Ted's where the only films I cared for of Keanu's.

At least your date was well rested for later that evening:p

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Why does Hollywood think they have to remake everything with an "environmental" theme? Do they subscribe to Al Gore monthly or what? This is just as insulting as when E.T. was re-released with all the guns turned into walkie talkies. I think I'll pass up on this one even when it ends up in the $5 bin at Walmart in a few weeks.

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
The original was on Turner Classic Movies or AMC the other night and I got to sit and watch that. What a great flick.

I had no intentions of seeing the new one when I saw who was starring in it. Bill and Ted's where the only films I cared for of Keanu's.

At least your date was well rested for later that evening:p
This is the one I remember, what year was that movie?
jurn

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The original was released in 1951 the era of classic sci-fi films.

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Yeah, the 50's, movies with giant ants, killer bees and strange things like that.
Black and white.

good ole days.....

jurn

·
Registered
357 Posts
Weak!

funny... My Wife fell asleep a few times.

On the bright side... The margaritas at the resturante after the show were GREAT!!!! :twisted::twisted: Forgot all about the movie.
:grin:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Another fine example of "Hollywood's" inability to A) Produce and original release and B) Not to screw up a proven success!

THAT MOVIE SUCKED !

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I suppose if the movie makes a profit, they ( "the industry") won't really care how true it was to the original, or how artistic or original it was. Ugh... I'm too cynical.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
RD... That is why I refuse to watch movies like those. It just encourages them to make more.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Doesn't matter if they make a profit or not, they use the loss to offset the gains of any other production that year!

I guess what I shoulda' said is, Hollywood's creativity has been stifled by the bean counters since the 60's!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
No, the creativity has been stifled long before then. It was being squashed back in the 20's there was just a fresh surge of ideas and investors in the 50's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts