Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Las Vegas and I have a 2007 EX and love it. I had no use for the AWD since I live in the middle of the desert. Looks like I might be moving back to my hometown in Pennsylvania within the next year. I'm concerned about the E's performance in the snow. I have already gotten rid of the Wranglers and have a nice pair of General tires.

What can I expect? I grew up in the snow so I have the driving experience but I have always owned a 4x4. I have no intention of trading my E and can't afford it anyway.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I drove though 3 Colorado, Utah, and northern New Mexico winters in snow and ice with a FWD. I only had two times that I had a problem. And the snow was so heavy I believe I would have had just as much of a issue with a AWD. With good winter tires and some commend sense you will do well.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I've been a Michigander all my life, and I didn't bother buying my E in AWD. Front-drive, even with the stock Goodyears (mine have 53,000 miles on them now and still have tread left), and the Element work out just fine here. If you're in the mountains, you might need better tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.