Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. Not yet an Element owner, but I plan to buy one as a replacement to my beloved Civic. I'm on my way from Chicago to Albuquerque, and I'll be driving throughout New Mexico, southern Colorado and Arizona for work. Having never traveled through mountains, I'm unsure if AWD is necessary, or simply a nice feature. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Congrats on excaping Illinois, the happiest day of my life was leaving that corrupt place. I would NEVER go back!

I'm in Southern Colorado, if you're 1) going to be driving here in the winter or 2) driving on dirt/mud roads like I do AWD is a good thing to have, ABS is more useful on a regular basis but for the just in case it's a plus.

When crossing the Mississippi on I-80, steer with your knees and flip Illinois off with both fingers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whatever you get, make sure you lock everything up in Albuquerque or it will probably come up missing. Been there done that. The mayor kicked the TV show COPS out of town because there was so much going on there he didn't want the town to look bad.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ok so lets here it! Red, Green or Christmas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all. I have mixed feelings on leaving Chicago. I certainly won't miss the crime or the extreme temps! As for the break ins, many people have advised me about leaving things in plain view. Silly things like books on the seat apparently attract attention of vandals. I'll have to find a good way of securing all the equipment I'll carry for work.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Let's reflect on some wise words:

I
HATE
SAUERKRAUT!

That's all I'm really tryin' to say
And, by the way, if one day you happen to wake up
And find yourself in an existential quandary
Full of loathing and self-doubt
And wracked with the pain and isolation of your pitiful meaningless existence
At least you can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that
Somewhere out there in this crazy old mixed-up universe of ours
There's still a little place called...

Albuquerque

-Weird Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am very happy to have the chance to live ABQ. Last week I was there on business and got to explore a bit. Looks very nice, and I figured the E would be the ideal vehicle. Between skiing, camping and cycling for fun, plus hauling tools and such for work the E fits the bill just fine. Now I just have to find a good dealer.

Oh, yeah, back to my original post: for some one traveling through the mountains on a routine basis, AWD really seems to be a wise choice.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
To answer the question...

"YES"...

It's necessary...! There... I feel so much better now...!

:eoc:
-L B D

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I lived in alb for a while, if you dont plan on going up in the mountains you can pull off 2wd but honestly, i'd just opt for the 4wd.

My mom is actually moving back there, and has been looking for a 2010 Omni blue , so she's going to order it and wait.

She's taking a while to move from overseas so she's not in a rush.
It's nice there, but when i was in the area there were alot of gangs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts