Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you NorCal E owners!! First off, I'm a new Element owner as of last Monday (Aug 16th). I'm excited, but I am moving to the San Francisco Area next year (possibly in between San Fran and Davis). The reason for the move is I got accepted into the UC Davis Master Brewers Program for 2012, and the wifey wants to goto the Academy of Arts. NOW... the real question is, since I am unfamiliar with the area, where is a good place to live? Somewhere in between? Closer to the Bay (I'll only be commuting for 6 months). I'm looking forward to getting out there and meeting up!! I'll bring the homemade beer!! :razz:

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Until you find a place to stay, I'll get you set up at "Lunch Box Driver's" house! There's no need to thank me me right now, we'll have drinks on him later!!! :-D

Chief

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
beer? did someone say beer? homebrew? omg! omg! omg!
btw, you will love it here! the wife and i have been here 4 months after being in the boston area for, well, lets just say ages.
people around here always mention the cold. really, it's the hazy, hot, and humid that we will never miss. and neither will you!
you driving cross-country?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
HOWDY! looks like vallejo or novato.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
My suggestion is to rent a place in Davis or Sacramento for the 6 months.
Once you are done with the program, move to the Bay Area. Trust me,
you will NOT want to commute from the Bay Area to Davis every day.
Even from Vallejo its almost an hour drive with OUT traffic. With traffic
well over an hour. If you lived in the heart of the Bay Area, your commute
would be over 2 hours, probably closer to 3 hours, one way EVERY day.
Not sure what your big picture plans are, but there is my advice.

We will of course welcome you with open arms no matter what you chose.
We look forward to meeting you and hanging out with the crew.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow guys, I know there is a time difference but thanks for the fast responses! I was looking into moving around Davis, but the wifey HATES moving so much, but that is probably my best bet for the time being. The plans are to get a job at one of the local breweries after I complete the course... Lagunitas maybe? If I were lucky? Anyway, no need for the drinks on lunchbox, the drinks should always be on me! (beer at least) Maybe I'll do a kegorater conversion mod and put it in where the back seat is to share homebrew at meets! Although, I'm pretty sure if I got pulled over with a running kegorater, I'd probably get a ticket for an open container... HAHA

Woosterpuss: Yes, we will be cross countrying it. Probably bringing our tent and possibly just campgrounding it along the way!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey all you NorCal E owners!! First off, I'm a new Element owner as of last Monday (Aug 16th). I'm excited, but I am moving to the San Francisco Area next year (possibly in between San Fran and Davis). The reason for the move is I got accepted into the UC Davis Master Brewers Program for 2012, and the wifey wants to goto the Academy of Arts. NOW... the real question is, since I am unfamiliar with the area, where is a good place to live? Somewhere in between? Closer to the Bay (I'll only be commuting for 6 months). I'm looking forward to getting out there and meeting up!! I'll bring the homemade beer!! :razz:
Congratulations... You are now WoosterPuss's new BFF...!

Until you find a place to stay, I'll get you set up at "Lunch Box Driver's" house! There's no need to thank me me right now, we'll have drinks on him later!!! :-D

Chief

Sure buddy...!
No problem... I am staying at your house Friday night before the Oct meet right...?
I'll even bring down some of KShaw's "experiments" to help loosen up the E-vent...!!!

beer? did someone say beer? homebrew? omg! omg! omg!
btw, you will love it here! the wife and i have been here 4 months after being in the boston area for, well, lets just say ages.
people around here always mention the cold. really, it's the hazy, hot, and humid that we will never miss. and neither will you!
you driving cross-country?
Easy now buddy...
Don't scare THIS one away...!

HOWDY! looks like vallejo or novato.
TOO far Bro...!

My suggestion is to rent a place in Davis or Sacramento for the 6 months.
Once you are done with the program, move to the Bay Area. Trust me,
you will NOT want to commute from the Bay Area to Davis every day.
Even from Vallejo its almost an hour drive with OUT traffic. With traffic
well over an hour. If you lived in the heart of the Bay Area, your commute
would be over 2 hours, probably closer to 3 hours, one way EVERY day.
Not sure what your big picture plans are, but there is my advice.

We will of course welcome you with open arms no matter what you chose.
We look forward to meeting you and hanging out with the crew.
Agreed...
Maybe ask CG95660 about his area... He's the "local"... There's West Sac, Elk Grove, and the Hwy-50 corridor out to Lake Tahoe... But what do I know...?

Wow guys, I know there is a time difference but thanks for the fast responses! I was looking into moving around Davis, but the wifey HATES moving so much, but that is probably my best bet for the time being. The plans are to get a job at one of the local breweries after I complete the course... Lagunitas maybe? If I were lucky? Anyway, no need for the drinks on lunchbox, the drinks should always be on me! (beer at least) Maybe I'll do a kegorater conversion mod and put it in where the back seat is to share homebrew at meets! Although, I'm pretty sure if I got pulled over with a running kegorater, I'd probably get a ticket for an open container... HAHA
True...
But I/we would still want plenty of pics of the DIY install!!!

Woosterpuss: Yes, we will be cross countrying it. Probably bringing our tent and possibly just campgrounding it along the way!
Pics and reviews will be needed of course...
WoosterPuss's ideas will come in handy for this one...
Well, since he's your new BFF...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow Lunchbox, you've got this whole quote and reply thing down pat! Not to mention those emoticons. I'm impressed. I would love to do a road trip out there to check out the area... camping all the way!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Wow Lunchbox, you've got this whole quote and reply thing down pat! Not to mention those emoticons. I'm impressed. I would love to do a road trip out there to check out the area... camping all the way!
Awww...
Shucks...
It just takes a little learning to get used to these boards is all...
Oh, time and being OCD sometimes...!
Plus I've had PUH-LENTY of practice...!!!
965+ posts...!

Good luck on your trip...!

:eoc:
-L B D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
almost 1000 post in around a year. DAMN!!! took me 5 yrs fro about the same.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks Like this E owner is moving to SoCal too... Sooner than you guys think. I have only til the end of this month to make my move. So yea..

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Looks Like this E owner is moving to SoCal too... Sooner than you guys think. I have only til the end of this month to make my move. So yea..
WOW!! You moving down with your family or for school???
At least they have a good E crowd down there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish I were moving there TOMORROW. That would be sweet. I love SAN DIEGO!!! Plus Stone Brewery is right in Escondido, and my favorite pub in the whole world, Churchills, is in San Marcos. I miss that place... dammit.:roll:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
DAMN dude. nice knowing ya. maybe you can meet us for the SoCal meet.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Good choice to move to Northern CA if you like micro brews, there are a lot of great one's on the North Coast - even on up into Washington. My Spouse and I also have a great love for good brews and always have a dedicated shelf for our favorites in the fridge. Lagunitas does have wonderful beer, we go to their beer gardens for music and brews a lot during the summer. The town it is in is very nice as well, Petaluma. We we live 15 north of there in Novato, which also has a great brewery Moylan's.

The drive is long for sure to Davis, if you want to settle close to where Lagunitas is but it is normal for many to do a lot of commuting. The key is to travel during non commute hours, also for a couple of years it is not bad, since you know it will end. For the wifey, most folks take a bus that goes direct to the city and there is also a ferry that goes to SF from Marin county right by another brew pub that is the sister brew pub to Moylans, it is called Marin Brewing.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
almost 1000 post in around a year. DAMN!!! took me 5 yrs for ;-) about the same.
... Yup...

Ernie is a WHoORE!!!!! Well a post whoore anyways!!! :evil:
Love you LBD!!
... Yup... Am a Post-Ho... No biggy tho... Finally caught up to you Rolie...!!! I'm taking my time with posting these days... I'm holding back otherwise I would have used TWO posts to reply to you two...!!!

Well Rymo, now that the big SoCal Track Meet is done, how about doing it up here...? What about a big NorCal meet so we can represent properly...

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program... Sorry KShaw5077...!

LBD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts