Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
I LOVE the mp3 jack. Immediately went out and bought a Creative Nomad Jukebox III (20 gig version) and an $8 cord from Radio Shack. I now have 3,000+ songs at my disposal. It works great - connects from the "line out" on the Nomad.

· Registered
57 Posts
The what with the who? That's wayyyy too technical for a layperson like me. I forget what it's called...it's a simple cord with what looks like a standard 1/8" headphone jack on each end. Plug it into the Nomad, plug it into the MP3 jack, and I'm good to go. Sorry I don't have much more info...

By the way, I can't say enough good things about the Nomad Jukebox 3. It's worked beautifully so far, holds more than the iPod, has way more features (recording, line-in, 2 line-outs, all sorts of audio controls) and has easily-replaced batteries (which I guess the iPod doesn't). Oh, and bonus - it's silver and blue, so it matches my Element's interior perfectly.

· Registered
57 Posts
Okay, I was going to let it go, but I've got to clarify something here...when I said my Nomad Jukebox had replaceable batteries, I didn't mean alkalines like Duracells or Energizers. I'm not quite that dumb. It's got a rechargeable lithium/ion/whatever, too. What I meant was that I've read on CNET and some other sites that once that rechargeable dies in an iPod (you know how cordless phone batteries eventually need to be replaced?), you're out of luck - there's no way of replacing it. You basically have to junk the iPod. On the Nomads, you can slide the old one out easily and put a new one in. At least, that's what a bunch of iPod users wrote in their reviews...

As for the Windows/Mac rivalry, I use a Mac at work and Windows at home. And my Mac crashes at least twice a day. Windows, maybe once a month. :)

· Registered
57 Posts
No harm taken here. And I know this is an Element forum, but to me, the MP3 jack, as small as it is, is the perfect example of the "little touches" that make the Element so great. My sister has an iPod and she had to buy one of those awful cassette-adapter things to play it through her Jetta's stereo. She's totally jealous of my MP3 jack. Whatever you use to plug into it, it's all good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.