Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my Element last Saturday, I was told that the accessories were not in yet, including that spiffy in-dash MP3 player like it shows in the brochure:

Yesterday morning I dropped the Element off at the dealership to have all my accessories installed since they had all arrived. But when I got to the dealership after work to pick it up, it turns out that they can't install the MP3 player in the EX model. It only works in the DX.

Now I'm a very understanding person and I know that this is all new to them and they told me when I first showed interest in the Element that they're brand new and they haven't yet learned everything about them so they might have to look things up. When I went in yesterday, they apologized profusely about it and offered to either cut me a check for $300 (I know that it costs more but the MP3 player is one of the options they threw in while lowering the price of the vehicle during negotiations) or they'll install an aftermarket MP3/CD player system for me. I opted for the aftermarket system. Overall I'm not upset about this whole thing. Yes, it's irritating but they're doing all they can to make it right.

My question is... Has anyone with a DX gotten the MP3 player? If so, what is your opinion of it? And also, has anyone with an EX wanted the in-dash MP3 player and been told about this? How did they explain it? The salesman told me that he honestly didn't understand why the MP3 player won't work with the EX model and I'm just curious as to why.

Edit to add:
I looked all through the brocure and online information and so far haven't found anything that says it won't work with the EX model stereo system. Am I missing where it says this? Does it say it?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you post it? Not for me but it's the sort of information that other people would probably look for at some point.

See, I didn't pay for the MP3 player. I went to other dealerships to see who would beat the best deals I got at other places and when I got done, my payments are $60/month less than my original starting quote with the in dash MP3 player, the air deflector, keyless entry and the driver's side armrest with storage and also 15,000 miles a year instead of the 12,000.

The thing that got me that I just realized is that more than one dealership offered to put the in dash MP3 player in the EX model...

I think Honda needs to like actually inform their dealers about this sort of thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.