Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get new headlights and stumbled upon a brand very familiar to all JDM enthusiast, MTEC. I'm deciding between the Cosmos Blue, which is 4750k of output power, and Hiper White, which is 4350. Does anyone have these products in their E and if yes, can you post pics? Also, does anyone else have suggestions for headlights? I already have the Silverstars and even though their bright, their not sufficient for cross-country night driving. Posted below is the link for the Cosmos Blue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MTEC...ries?hash=item5882d8f16e&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

·
Registered
143 Posts
are you concerned with light output or color? the lower color temperature will be brighter and more effective in actually lighting up the road. The bluer lights look cooler to some people, but are less effective. The silverstars are VERY bright, if you feel like you need more light output, you might want to look into an HID conversion. If you don't have the OEM fogs, I'd suggest you get them, they actually add a LOT of light output.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
:)I've got a set of Hella bulbs in my E, and they're BRIGHT.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exchanging regular bulbs for HID would be a major improvement, does anyone know how much these would cost, what brand I should buy, and if anyone can, post a DIY of how to do this.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Do and HID projector retrofit and never look back. Nothing will compare.
yup. or trade it in and get an sc then add some hids. :)

Exchanging regular bulbs for HID would be a major improvement, does anyone know how much these would cost, what brand I should buy, and if anyone can, post a DIY of how to do this.
you have to do a projector style replacement for the regular headlights or it will look like light threw up everywhere when you are driving. that is the reason that HID are not "legal" in anything that didnt come with them from the factory. the beam is not consentrated like with normal bulbs and they blind other drivers not because of the amount of light output but because of the lack of directionality.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Does everyone know if the Philips Extreme are the brightest halogens out there? Something that would concentrate the beam and really shine the road, not blind other drivers, would be great!
Buy 'em and find out for yourself. I can personally vouch for you being happy if you do.

As far as concentrating the light....that's up to the housing of the headlight itself. The bulb has little to nothing to do with that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love my Philips headlights :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts