Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wondering the best way to get dirt and dried up mud out of my car, I work construction so as you can imagine my boots get very muddy :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have you considered getting married?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Have you considered getting married?
:lol:

Get a bucket of warm water and a sponge and wash the floor down rinsing the sponge in the bucket frequently - follow it up with a dry towel. Better yet, install all season floor mats/liners - mud 'em up then remove them and hose them off outside.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The sponge and bucket method is pretty good and if you can get your hands on a bottle brush or a whisk broom to break up the crud down in the cracks along the doors you'll be golden.

Also get a 5 gallon shop-vac, worth it's weight in gold, or maybe ice cream cake, no gold definitely gold.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I put some carpeted floor mats in mine. They catch the dirt and mud better than rubber and when they get full, I just take them out and hose them off.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If its that bad keep a rubbermaid container in the back that your boots will fit in and keep a change of shoes in the back. Fold the tailgate down, have a seat and change shoes. keep the muddy boots in the rubbermaid container.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its that bad keep a rubbermaid container in the back that your boots will fit in and keep a change of shoes in the back. Fold the tailgate down, have a seat and change shoes. keep the muddy boots in the rubbermaid container.
i do this now. i just want the old dirt out. I'll try the water idea, thanks!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Don't forget...!!!

Use an air compressor...

Open up the back, tailgate down & blow the dirt/mud out the rear... I went camping last year and got all this fine dust and clumps of mud and I found the fastest way to get everything out is using the blow gun wand... Make sure you hit the two grooves for the back seat anchors as well as the flap on the tailgate...! Double check the spare tire cover/well and you should be good to go...

If there's anything left, a damp kitchen towel takes care of it... If you're OCD like me, use a Shop-Vac and Armor-All or 303...! LOL!!!

Good luck ParanoidMexican and welcome to the EOC...!!!

LBD

PS: Car...? No... Truck...? Yes...! LOL!!!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Funny, I just take it to a high end car wash, they do all the hard work for me, only costs about $5 more...;-)

This'll work until a decent 5 gallon wet/dry vac goes on sale.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I use the bucket and a couple of old towels. Stay away from armor all and the like, it will make the floors slipperier than snot!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Stay away from armor all and the like, it will make the floors slipperier than snot!!!
I agree with this! I almost took myself and my girlfriend out when I picked up the E! Using Armor All on the floor is like coating ice with Teflon...:shock:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey....!!!

I use the bucket and a couple of old towels. Stay away from armor all and the like, it will make the floors slipperier than snot!!!
I agree with this! I almost took myself and my girlfriend out when I picked up the E! Using Armor All on the floor is like coating ice with Teflon...:shock:
I happen to like snot...! ROFL!!! Just kidding...! I do like the plastic protected and I've got floor mats galore to keep as much dirt off as possible...

LBD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts