Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

Has anyone tried installing the much cheaper generic SUV/Truck/Van
Mud Guards that can purchased at any national auto parts store?
I know on the package it says they are compatible with CRV's & Pilots.
I would love to see a picture of the generic Mud Guards on an E.
I welcome your comments.

Regards

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just ordered splash guards from HandA. I think the price is right for something that does not require drilling, and adds strength to the rear bumper cover through extra material in the wheel well. The screws Honda provides have excellent corrosion resistance (I took them off a 14-year old car and they were like new).

I know it's not what you asked, but I just went through the same decision process you did and it was a no-brainer for me.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I too purchased the ones from H and A...they were quick and easy to install....12 screws and you are done! I am very happy with the price and the quality.

Sorry it wasn't the answer to your question, but I will answer you question now...

No I didn't buy "generic" mud flaps and I haven't heard of anyone else on the boards going that route. Sorry....I am of no help! :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
not to be like everyone else but i too bought from h & a and the honda ones are very easy to install, look good, and protect, so i would suggest you buy the better product. You will be thankful in the long run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts