Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went off roads with Element. My Element is 03' 4WD EX. My baby Element did handle off roads very well! Even with heavy and thick muddy. I made them all through and only got stuck once with 5 people inside my Element. Haha anyway...

Now my front struts is leaking because my Element is over 110,000 miles old. I have to replace new one. I want to buy new performance struts for hardcore off roads! So I did research myself and not sure which should I buy. So I would like to listen to people's opinions and recommends. What brand of struts that I should get for offroading with Element?

I plan to lift up my Element with liftup kit... http://www.ccmoffroad.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=18

Thank you dudes n dudettes!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Nice find on the lift kit. I had only seen the Sparman lift. Price is pretty reasonable for this. I wonder if the rear upper control arms in the kit would solve the problem with the rear wheels moving forward as it is lifted?

I would love to lift my E when I replace the shocks. The only downside to lifting my E would be that I could no longer back it into my garage to load the roof basket on top.

·
Registered
288 Posts
E Lift Kit

I agree-nice find on the lift kit! Let us know how this works out. I think I just might try this myself! I want some more ground clearance on my E and didn't think taller tires would really be the best solutions.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
that mud will protect the paint from road debris....

Quieter, too! :rolleyes:

Wow...3" lift for $500 specific to the vehicle is good.

Alright...do it and prove it! (with pics)

Have only done some light duty offroading so far with my 08 and it has been flawless...without hesitation cutting through the muck. Good to know you're experience with heavier challenge. Since I came from some hard core 4x4 vehicles in the past (with maintenance/repair bills tpo prove it over time), I'm really getting to like having this simple but seemingly very effective 4wd drive system on the E.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Alright funs over.....................now go WASH HER!:-x
No..............
1st he needs to write in the dirt on the back window:
"I wish my wife was this dirty"

·
Registered
288 Posts
Quieter, too! :rolleyes:

Wow...3" lift for $500 specific to the vehicle is good.

Alright...do it and prove it! (with pics)

Have only done some light duty offroading so far with my 08 and it has been flawless...without hesitation cutting through the muck. Good to know you're experience with heavier challenge. Since I came from some hard core 4x4 vehicles in the past (with maintenance/repair bills tpo prove it over time), I'm really getting to like having this simple but seemingly very effective 4wd drive system on the E.
I had a 4X4 Nissan PU for many years and like the E too for it's 4WD capability. Just wish it had a little more ground clearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anybody knows about good Struts for offroad? Could I use truck's struts? Or? Mmm..

I plan to lift up my Element but one thing I am concerned about is Element is high risk at Rollover. When I lift my Element up and will it increase the Rollover Risk? That kind of questions I have been asking myself.

My Element is clean and will get dirty again after I get new Struts for Element.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Lift Kit

Wow the Element finally has a lift kit; pretty cool. Sparman (Curt) helped me lift my Element about a year and a half ago. $500 is a good deal for parts.
Can't wait til you have pics. Mine was lifted about 2.5 inches Rubber pucks in front and custom CNC alum in the rear.
Josh:cool:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Does anybody knows about good Struts for offroad? Could I use truck's struts? Or? Mmm..

I plan to lift up my Element but one thing I am concerned about is Element is high risk at Rollover. When I lift my Element up and will it increase the Rollover Risk? That kind of questions I have been asking myself.

My Element is clean and will get dirty again after I get new Struts for Element.
You will always increase risk of rollover with a lift...unless you increase the width at the same ratio. Good ole physics...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lift on element

Hi everybody! I was considering buying the CCM Offroad 3" lift for my element. I posted on another site as well for any suggestions before I get it. On person replied that on the old forresters they had lift kits for them and as they got to a higher lift, around 4", the car was having a hard time shifting? Is this true or is this just nonsense? Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks for your help.
I have a 2007 Element EX 4wd, and just put on a Hunter Brush Guard, Aries Tail light guards, and OEM Side Steps. i think my Element would look pretty sweet with the lift. And for the price it sounds like a great deal.

Any help would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
593 Posts
shifting issues?

Hi everybody! I was considering buying the CCM Offroad 3" lift for my element. I posted on another site as well for any suggestions before I get it. On person replied that on the old forresters they had lift kits for them and as they got to a higher lift, around 4", the car was having a hard time shifting? Is this true or is this just nonsense? Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks for your help.
I have a 2007 Element EX 4wd, and just put on a Hunter Brush Guard, Aries Tail light guards, and OEM Side Steps. i think my Element would look pretty sweet with the lift. And for the price it sounds like a great deal.

Any help would be great, thanks!
Like I mentioned, I have the Spar-Lift (not the official name) for 2.5", no trouble with shifting.

I'm intrigued with the 3" kit.
As soon as I get some time as well as Curt, we're going to tac weld new studs to a set of top plates, current ones are press fit.

Josh
:cool:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Josh,

How is your E holding up? Tire wear, CV joints, things like that. You seem to have put a good amount of miles/time on the E since your lift and I hope all is still going strong.

I am thinking about the lift for my E but once I do it I can no longer pull my E into the garage to load the roof basket on with the pulley system I have set up. I may still do the lift though when I replace the shocks/struts.

·
Registered
288 Posts
3" Lift Kit

FYI all here's a response from CCM to my request for installation instructions and difficulty of install:

Hello Robert, thanks for the interest on this kit. The kit will take a person at home probably 3-4 hrs, taking your time. We can install it here at the shop in about 1.5 hrs. It will require normal hand tool and access to a grinder to trim the inner fender where the tie rod contacts and to trim down the rear mounting studs. It may sound like a bit of work but it is very straight forward once you have the wheels off. Feel free to call me at the number below with any questions.

Thank You
Danny Cramer
CCM Offroad & Performance
(805) 464-0505
[email protected]

·
Registered
593 Posts
living with the lift

No problems so far. Lots of dirt roads and sand under the tires since the lift.
Only trick is find a good alignment place to align it, after doing to the install.

If the shop qouted you 1.5 hours to do the swap (if I read correctly) I'd do it. Less headache banged knuckes etc.

Josh
Josh,

How is your E holding up? Tire wear, CV joints, things like that. You seem to have put a good amount of miles/time on the E since your lift and I hope all is still going strong.

I am thinking about the lift for my E but once I do it I can no longer pull my E into the garage to load the roof basket on with the pulley system I have set up. I may still do the lift though when I replace the shocks/struts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 50,000 miles on my Sparman style lift. Not a bit of trouble with the CV joints so far. Even if they malfunctioned tomorrow, it would be worth it. The lift is friggin awesum when I have the E loaded and I'm driving down old forest roads in the sierra's.
I ran BF goodrich KTO's 225/75R16's initially, but found them to loud (though the traction was awesum). Now I'm running general grabbers 235/70R16. Very nice tire, and quieter.

Rollover: I haven't noticed much extra roll with my lift. Of course I switched to a tire with a stiffer sidewall when I did the lift. That helped. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless you're going to drive your E race car style.

Shifting Problems: I can't see how this would be possible with the element lift as you are not doing a body lift at all. None of the tranny drive line angles change. The CV angles change, but not the transmission.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.