Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or can anyone measure the diameter of the tailpipe? There some nice Momo exhaust tips out there that would finish up the "E" nicely.

Iskie

·
Registered
352 Posts
Iskie - that measurement would be exactly 2in (50.8mm) OD. I'm looking for a spiffy tip for my E also.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K. Anyone know what the MoMo exhaust tips fit in terms of diameters? I have seen one on E-Bay that suggested that they are made for a 2 and 3/4 inch diameter.

Iskie

·
Registered
352 Posts
Isky - Solution to your problem - go to auto parts store and get a 2.75 in to 2.00 in reducer. Then said MOMO tips work on your E. :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Sir! That's exactly what I was looking for as an answer. I would imagine you have to cut back the "E''s exhaust a bit to fit a Momo tip properly? And does the reducer get welded on or does it use a bracket?

Iskie

·
Registered
352 Posts
i would best imagine you would have to cut back the exhaust pipe a wee bit. Here's the voice of experience - purchase yourself an "exhaust pipe cutter". It makes the job sooo much easier that using a hacksaw. if you're worried about buying a "single use tool" - don't. I've used mine to cut all sorts of tubing including steel fence posts. As far as affixing the reducer and tip - use muffler clamps. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts