Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have a multi-cd player in my EX model but I wonder why I can't use the 6 cd in-dash player (specified DX only).

If I have to use the under seat changer offered by honda for the EX, I will just get a better aftermarket that allows more than 8 cds.

SMM 4WD EX

·
Registered
261 Posts
i recall an explantion of why in an earlier thread, but you really need to be looking in the "subs and sounds" section of the forums instead of here

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi yoko,

Just a thought. Maybe not a good one, but here goes. Have you thought about just getting an MP3 player such as an iPod, putting a few dozen CD's on it and plugging it into the MP3 jack? No CD's to lose or warp in the sun. And you can throw the MP3 player in your pack or purse or whatever

yelapa

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the suggestions.

Anyone have an answer to the question.

Why can I not put the 6 disk in-dash player in my EX?

Somebody knows!

·
Registered
156 Posts
You could....you'd just have to swap out the factory EX unit, replace it with the head unit from the DX. You'd lose Sub control and most likely the amp, unless you could find someone to wire the amp for you. But the sub is out. The 6-disc in dash does not have the proper pin connector to work with the CD ouput in the back of the EX head unit. I also wanted to do this, but found out I couldn't after I took apart my neighbor's CR-V......

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:a8f889b4ee="yoko"]Thank you for the suggestions.

Anyone have an answer to the question.

Why can I not put the 6 disk in-dash player in my EX?

Somebody knows![/quote:a8f889b4ee]

Xenon is right about the things he mentions...

The biggest reason however is that the stock EX radio is a double din unit while the DX radio is single din. Adding the 6 disk changer in the DX is ok because it's dash mounted and theres still a single din opening available.

Since you have an EX my advice to you would be to look into add-on aftermarket changers instead of the cheesy overpriced ones Honda offers. With the right cables, it should be a seamless integration.

Take a look here...
http://www.woofersetc.com/manufacturer.asp?2=1079

1 - 9 of 9 Posts