Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Element newbie here. I love your website and the whole cult that you've developed around your beloved vehicle. I'm strongly considering buying one and have a few questions:

1) Does the headlight on the 2009 E have separate reflectors for high beam and low beam (driving lights)?

2) I have not been able to find pictures of the gray interior online. I can only find pics of the titanium or the SC interior. I'm worried about the titanium getting dirty too easily. I think it looks great (except for on the dashboard) so I'll probably get one with the gray interior.

Thanks for any replies.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Welcome to the board neighbor!!

Not sure how to answer your first question, but it has one light bulb,
a 9003, so Im guessing just one reflector. Just a guess.

For your second question, check post 95 of this page.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50704&page=10

That is the grey interior of an 09.

Let us know WHEN you buy one. If your here its not IF, but WHEN!!!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Hello, Element newbie here. I love your website and the whole cult that you've developed around your beloved vehicle. I'm strongly considering buying one and have a few questions:

1) Does the headlight on the 2009 E have separate reflectors for high beam and low beam (driving lights)?

Thanks for any replies.
It's a single bulb / reflector but the nature of the 9003 bulb puts a shield over half of the low beam filament so that that low beam uses the upper half of the mirroring and then high beam uses both halves. Effectively, you get two separately focused reflectors.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
2) I have not been able to find pictures of the gray interior online. I can only find pics of the titanium or the SC interior. I'm worried about the titanium getting dirty too easily. I think it looks great (except for on the dashboard) so I'll probably get one with the gray interior.

Thanks for any replies.
Grey actually gets dirty faster than black. I used to have a grey interior before I turned it graphite black.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Thanks for any replies.
The only way to truly tell about the interiors is to see them in person. I was going to get the gray interior for the same reasons you stated. Then I found a dealer that had 2 EXs, 1 with gray and 1 with titanium. IMO the gray was just too monotone and wasn't all that much darker than the titanium. Every photo I have seen of the titanium makes it look much lighter than it actually is (including these that I snapped this morning). But, you really have to judge for yourself. And again, you should see them in person to make an informed call. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the board neighbor!!

Not sure how to answer your first question, but it has one light bulb,
a 9003, so Im guessing just one reflector. Just a guess.

For your second question, check post 95 of this page.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50704&page=10

That is the grey interior of an 09.

Let us know WHEN you buy one. If your here its not IF, but WHEN!!!
Thanks for the welcome!

D'oh, I saw those pictures before, mountain bikes will be the main content of my E (besides me & gf). I didn't realize that that was the gray interior.

I think people relying that I need to see the color in person are right. I'm going to try and find both colors at a dealer tonight.

Also, thanks for the info on the light. I was kind of hoping that the smaller reflector was for high beams but from what you're saying it is just for DRLs and both low and high beam are in the other larger reflector via dual-filament bulb. Not that big of a deal, but a bit weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Test drove a OBP 2WD today. The color looks weird but quite good in person. Test fitted my bike in it as well. It fit upright with the front wheel on. It was a bit more difficult than I thought (couldn't just "roll in") but no biggie at all. Also had to put it slightly diagonally or else I couldn't close the tailgate. I hate to say though, I did not like the front seat at all. There was not enough contour and support in the seat back. I have a bad back and need a hard supportive seat (my 2000 Veedub is great, actually). I love the seats in the Subie Outback so I may go with that car. Being able to carry my bike with the front wheel on for short trips around the area and also comfort for long road trips are near the top of the list of features I want, and the Subie has them both. 2009 are being discounted right now with the completely new 2010 around the corner.

The big bummer is that there's no website like this one for the Outback. You guys have a great thing going here, it reminds me of some motorcycle boards that I used to frequent and enjoyed being part of a lot. Cheers!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Test drove a OBP 2WD today. The color looks weird but quite good in person. Test fitted my bike in it as well. It fit upright with the front wheel on. It was a bit more difficult than I thought (couldn't just "roll in") but no biggie at all. Also had to put it slightly diagonally or else I couldn't close the tailgate. I hate to say though, I did not like the front seat at all. There was not enough contour and support in the seat back. I have a bad back and need a hard supportive seat (my 2000 Veedub is great, actually). I love the seats in the Subie Outback so I may go with that car. Being able to carry my bike with the front wheel on for short trips around the area and also comfort for long road trips are near the top of the list of features I want, and the Subie has them both. 2009 are being discounted right now with the completely new 2010 around the corner.

The big bummer is that there's no website like this one for the Outback. You guys have a great thing going here, it reminds me of some motorcycle boards that I used to frequent and enjoyed being part of a lot. Cheers!
Have you looked at the new Forester? My friend bought one about the same time we got our E. It is a very nice vehicle and it might accommodate your bike better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts