Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally have a sunny and fairly warm day here, so I headed out to clean the interior of the car. Each time I have done this I have tried out a different product. I have tried Oxywash, glass cleaner before and I have not liked the results. Today I tried Murphy's Oil soap and I am impressed. I washed all the plastic cladding on the outside and EVERYTHING on the inside, seats, dash, floor, etc.... There is no residue at all that I can see and everything looks very clean. Just thought you might want to know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 1100 plus miles on my silver E. Not too concered about scratches... they show characture. I will try Murphys on a hidden exterior bit to see how it does but it sounds great for the interior... how about an old asian rug with a nonskid pad for the interior floor?
I think i'll mount a planter box on the rear tail gate this summer and grow some ivy back there... to hell with a bud vase on the dash!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
This is a test. Just resurrecting an old thread to see if joeBoxer notices. Feel free to keep it going.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey all....

First posted about this back in November I think. I've been using Murphy's Oil Soap regularly on my plastic panels and can say that it continues to impress me. Not only do they look sharp but it seems to help keep dirt, grime, snow and salt gunk at bay.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
How does it hold up to rain? Does it leave the panels streaked like Aerospace 303 Protectant tends to?

Although I brought this thread up to rib joeBoxer, I was curious about a long term usage report (2+ years) on MOS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
More info on Murphy's

I do a lot of fishing and my float tube slides right between my seats as they are hanging. Regardless to say, river and lake water, sand and occasional algae blooms are on the tube when it touches the seats and floor.

I clean the entire interior of my E (Seats,dash, all plastic) every sunday afternoon since I have owned my E. I could not be happier. It smells great, it does not give you the harsh shine that other products do, does not cause squeeking (Sp?) or cause things to become slippery. I use a ripped up old towel to apply and a microfiber cloth to remove. No dust, dirt, grime or smell survives. My friends can not beleive it when I slide that tube into the back and they all cringe when it rubs against the seats. They are sure that the seats will stain or the smell of the water or algae will penetrate. Never been an issue yet. I fish 3-4 times a week, and clean her once a week.

I highly recommend the product for a clean, like new Element.

Also a leaf blower is a great car cleaning tool. Take out the back seats and the spare tire cover (Table top) and go at it from front to back. The beach always makes it home with me, but never stays too long.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
E addict, do you use it full strenght or dilute it as the directions say.....I have used it around the house, but never on the E....I also like the way it smells..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Usage..

I dilute it. Not sure on exact measurements. I use a tupperware dish (Medium size, I will look to see exact size) of warm water that is poured onto three capfuls of murphys. I have discovered that too much is a bad thing.. it does not seem to apply smoothly, and the wipe off leaves a look like armorall after a good rain. This is actually less oil to soap than listed on the bottle, but it is just right for me. Biggest thing is the microfiber cloth. When you wipe up with it, it grabs all of the dust and lint that the towel left behind. I forgot to mention, gauges, steering wheel and even the boot for the stick shift get the treatment as well. There really is not anything in my E that has not been murphy'd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all....

First posted about this back in November I think. I've been using Murphy's Oil Soap regularly on my plastic panels and can say that it continues to impress me. Not only do they look sharp but it seems to help keep dirt, grime, snow and salt gunk at bay.
Hi, But how much do you use please? Do you dilute it or use it full strength? Thanks.😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts