Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a few of you know, I turbo'd the E earlier in the year. Due to a bad tune and the AT downshifting under boost, I wound up with spun rod bearings:-(.. So, I decided to do things a little differently.. Swap the 5AT for a 6MT, and swap in a crv motor for the lower compression and better flowing head. To date, this is my list of parts.

CRV longblock (less miles than my factory k24a8 )
Base RSX transmission w/ TSX 6th and Quaife LSD
Comp Clutch Stage 4 clutch and flywheel(sprung)
Corsport Shifter bushings
Buddy Club Short Shifter
Club RSX RBC intake manifold
Ebay cast iron turbo manifold(wish I had a stainless tubular log mani!)
Garrett GT 3076R turbo(.60 intake/.63 exhaust)
30x8x3.5 Ebay intercooler(They really work great for the price CX Racing for intercoolers!!!)
Rollertoaster 3in DP with recirc wastegate dump tube
Tial 38mm WG
Synapse BOV
AEM dryflow air filter
Race Lab Fabrications FMIC piping
Race Lab custom cat back:
3" piping with flexpipe and 1- 6" round 16" magnaflow muffler, no tip just a little turndown
3" high flow cat(maybe magnaflow?)
AEM F/IC, UEGO, and TruBoost(just using the gauge function on the boost controler, the solenoid crapped out on me on the dyno the first time)
TL-S BBK(rotors, calipers, pads)
Volk TE37 18" +48 offset(Custom bronze)
Jegs catch can
AEM fuel rail & FPR
RC 750s
Aeromotive in line fuel filter
Walbro 255lph in tank pump
Return line setup
and so many OEM parts the honda parts guy knows me on a first name basis..:rolleyes:

At the moment that is all I can think of that is here.. Very few things left to get, like

245/45/18 Yokohama Advan S4 tires
Charge piping materials
Various fittings for the fueling

So, the motor is together, and is going into the car now... Small amount of fabrication left(Both the rear engine mount and the upper transmission mount need brackets, as the transmission case is from a Base RSX, and is shorter, and has no transfer case on the rear which is where our rear mounts are. The tranny is also physically shorter, and as nismo griff said, the drivers side bracket on the body that holds the engine mount is totally different. After that we have the wiring, which just consists of matching up the pinouts on the AT to the MT to make sure everything jives. Get the immobilizer redone, and then trouble shoot and tuning. I hope to get a very reputable k series tuner to tune it, and all looks well on that front so far..

One request for you fellow EOCers out there-

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FULL WIRING HARNESS DIAGRAM& PINOUTS FOR THE 07-08 ELEMENT, BOTH MT AND AT?

The helms is not very helpful... There isn't a full diagram anywhere in the book.. Just bits and pieces everywhere.

Ok, two requests..
DON'T FLAME ME FOR NOT POSTING PICTURES YET!!! IT IS COMMING, AND I WILL FOR SURE SHARE AS SOON AS THEY ARE READY...:D DONT GET ME WRONG, NO PICTURES OR ITS JUST BENCH RACING:D

Until next time!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Get a factory manual, its worth the money when your doing a huge rebuild like this. Also, if you decide to get pistons, I can get you some for cheap, I work at Wiseco Piston, can also get you k1 rods for cheap.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you know anyone that works at a dealership that uses alldata, have them print it out, my buddy did that for me when I swapped a A4 to a 6MT in my z28. You might want to ask your parts guy, most will help you out.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I cannot confirm or deny where this was obtained from but it should be everything ECM related both AT and MT including plugs. there is not a single area or diagram that shows the entire wiring harness in the truck but if there is anything els you need just ask and i will see what i can "come up with" for you. i cant upload it cause it is 1.6mb but i will email it to you

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Looking forward to the pics..

Any idea what this has cost you total??

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sounds amazing, can't wait to see pictures

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's about time.... Get some pictures up.
good choice on the 3076r I'm loving mine. the lag/response time seems to be right on for a k24.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL... It is about time... I wanted to make sure everything is right on this time around.
Update for today-
B/C the RSX tranny has no transfer case on it, my buddy made a new drivers side motor mount(in front of the shock tower) and rear mount(bolts to the subframe). I am going over there tonight so see all that is going on, and take the new larger intercooler and modified rbc manifold.. Hope to remember my camera, but i get hurried to get over there and see it..:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is too much work to not get K-Pro. You have already learned what crappy engine management can do to your engine. GET K-PRO! And why do all that work to get a base RSX tranny to work when the Element tranny is the same thing with the proper housing?? At least it would be much easier to swap the RSX internals into an Element housing and you wouldn't have to rig anything to make it fit. Your best bet would be to sell the DC5 tranny and buy a proper Element tranny and put the parts in that!!

Anyways, SICK BUILD!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cant!:-(

I have researched every option of getting k pro.. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RETAIN MY DASH FUNCTIONS IF I USE THE K PRO... I would have to swap ALL of my wiring and not only that, use an s2000 dash or an aftermarket cluster like a stack or something.. Now, for K pro and a digi dash to work with it will run me another 4 grand(aka way way way way over budget)... I have researched every possible option for that.. It will not work.. Flash pro either. Same issue the TSX has. You can run dual ecu, but throw codes, as k pro isnt hooked up to the factory ecm... I am having Jason from Stoopid Fast tune my car(I tried the first time and got a referral). He has done quite a few of the new si's boosted with the FIC. That was the issue, was the tuner I had used previous, did nothing but complain about the FIC.. And on the note of the element case with base rsx internals and tsx 6th, yes, it would make things easier, but
A)not as tidy in the engine bay:cool:
B) its already in the car:D

Mounts came out great. Did not have time to bring my computer and cam to work today, but have a nice set of pics to post tonite. I think all will be pleasantly suprised;-)

Anywho... stay posted ladies and gentleman... This next few weeks should have lots of updates..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about the issue with the dash in the newer Elements. Could you switch out to the older dash configuration? I come from the EP3 community, and using anything other than K-Pro is really frowned upon. While other options are capable of working, they are just not as safe or powerful as K-Pro...

Tidy? How is that? Your axles still fit?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is physically smaller. There isnt the transfer case on the back. And the axles do fit. Just had to change to a rsx half shaft... I loooked into swapping out for the older dash, but got into the VSA and those systems.. The CAN BUS system is totally new for the 07 and 08. I was looking on TSX forums and they were having just these issues when swapping over all of the older tsx items(ECU, dash, wiring, etc.)

I wish k pro or another(read cost effective) stand alone engine management system could me made to work on the YH2, I just dont think it's going to happen.. Its really weak that honda changed all that stuff around:-(.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts