Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I call mine 'the El' instead of an E, is that ok? Don't want to offend :p )

Sooo... I was driving down the street in the El, LOVING it, had 550-ish miles on it, when BAM! The guy in the lane next to me changes lanes right into the side of me. I am pretty dumbfounded as to how this happened... I mean it's a giant orange box on wheels, did you seriously not see it??

Fortunately, the only damage was scraped-up doors on the driver's side. Easily fixed. No frame or engine damage. My insurance company has been great (Progressive).

The kicker of the story is that the guy is trying to blame ME for it, saying it was my fault, that I came into HIM. Yeah, I really hit the FRONT of his car with the SIDE of my car... really??

If he had just said "hey, my bad, I'm really sorry I wasn't paying attention", I wouldn't even be mad. Mistakes happen, cars can be fixed, and no one was hurt. But for him to be flat out lying about the facts of what happened, plus trying to sue me for injury to him and his passenger, well that does make me mad. (We were going all of about 25 mph when he hit me, and it was a side-scraping 'collision' with no real impact to speak of... his passenger didn't even spill her ice cream)

It's still tied up in insurance drama, but at least the El is fixed. Let's hope my insurance company and I get our money back, and that I don't get sued for a bogus injury claim.

In happier news, I took the El on its first camping trip 2 weekends ago, and it was a champ!

-pbg

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
People just don't seem to see ORANGE these days - The girl that pulled in front of mine said she didn't see me either

@ least you can fix (or have fixed) yours

·
Registered
31 Posts
I feel you there, there's a lot of dumb people out there. I once had a stupid blonde girl try that with me. She flew over in my lane, I honked and she kept on coming over. Finally I had to swerve into another lane to avoid her....come to find out she was on her cell phone and not paying attention. You just have to be careful with all the idiots on the road.

Glad you got the E fixed, hope everything gets sorted out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So what ever happened with this? What did the insurance company determine?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel you there, there's a lot of dumb people out there. I once had a stupid blonde girl try that with me. She flew over in my lane, I honked and she kept on coming over. Finally I had to swerve into another lane to avoid her....come to find out she was on her cell phone and not paying attention. You just have to be careful with all the idiots on the road.

Glad you got the E fixed, hope everything gets sorted out.
You know what it is? People don't know how to properly set their mirrors so that they get a full view of everything behind and to the side of them. I found a topic on this forum that taught me how to properly set my side view and rear view mirrors and let me tell you. It's made a world of difference.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
You know what it is? People don't know how to properly set their mirrors so that they get a full view of everything behind and to the side of them. I found a topic on this forum that taught me how to properly set my side view and rear view mirrors and let me tell you. It's made a world of difference.
And then you've got to get them to LOOK at the mirrors...

·
Registered
138 Posts
The kicker of the story is that the guy is trying to blame ME for it, saying it was my fault, that I came into HIM. Yeah, I really hit the FRONT of his car with the SIDE of my car... really??

If he had just said "hey, my bad, I'm really sorry I wasn't paying attention", I wouldn't even be mad. Mistakes happen, cars can be fixed, and no one was hurt. But for him to be flat out lying about the facts of what happened, plus trying to sue me for injury to him and his passenger, well that does make me mad. (We were going all of about 25 mph when he hit me, and it was a side-scraping 'collision' with no real impact to speak of... his passenger didn't even spill her ice cream)

It's still tied up in insurance drama, but at least the El is fixed. Let's hope my insurance company and I get our money back, and that I don't get sued for a bogus injury claim.

-pbg

If he's being a pain, the insurance should check his celllphone records to see if he was on it at the time of the collision. I'm sure one of you called the police right away, so if he had a call about 2 minutes earlier - bingo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts