Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Do you think I'm asking a fair price? -

I'm not happy about it, but I need to sell my beloved 2003 EX Black Element.

It's the loaded top of the line stock EX with about 3K miles on it, in near showroom shape, a few minor scratches, but nothing major.

I still have the dealer sticker for it and it shows around $21,310.00.

I'm letting it go for $18,995.00 firm. (Save $2,000 OFF a new one)

I'm in northwest Ohio if your interested, If your serious I'll drive it to you.

Thanks for looking.

PS- I'm selling because I'm moving south and the wife want's a convertible.

·
Registered
914 Posts
No its not a fair price...just kidding. Sounds okay to me, but I haven't seen what it looks like either. Maybe you can post some pics to show us, and maybe someone here would like to buy it. So is it 5-spd? Is it AWD? These things help too I think.

You might need the E to move stuff, but to each his/her own i guess. If it was my wife...I would probably have to sell it too :cry:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Let's see, you are selling YOUR "beloved Element" because your wife wants a convertible. Maybe a new wife would be better. My wife would never even let me sell my "beloved Element" so she could have a convertible or anything else. She would not be that selfish. To each his own. Good luck selling your E and good luck ...... well, maybe I shouldn't say that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
A simple solution to your problem would be just to take your Element to a chop shop and turn it into the first Element convertible. Please post pictures when your done.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Let me tell you about the South, having lived here (Texas) all my life.

You'll love a convertible in spring (when you're not having thunderstorms) and fall (as short as it is). Maybe even a few very mild winter days.

In summer you'll want your air conditioner cranking up like crazy.

The South seems warm and idyllic to people who have lived up North a long time. The truth is that it's really hot, humid and miserable, much more so than people believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies and comments.

The Element is the 2003 EX All Wheel Drive Automatic with Factory CD Player, Amp, and Sub.

It's Black and in nearly the same condition as I bought it. No aftermarket upgrades or downgrades.

The wife isn't "making" me sell it, she just wants a convertible Mustang after having one before. She hasn't even officially asked for one, it was going to be a suprize gift to her.

If I don't get any bites here soon, I'll probably put it on Ebay as EMASS and others have suggested.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions for Ebaying a vehicle?

Thanks in advance,

BTW- Thanks for the idea on the chop shop. I'll run it by my wife and I'll let you know..... :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would suggest that if you are going to get a Mustang, waiting until the new model comes out. Unless of course you want to try and get an exceptional deal since the body style is changing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Living in the South I would be careful with the convertible. I would much prefer to be sitting in my Element with the air conditioning cranking than have the top down in 88 degree heat with 95% humidity in Atlanta. And this summer is the mildest that I can remember.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts