Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know she isnt even near Honda's Demographics but she is used to driving F350 crew cabs but with gas prices being what they are she needed something to run around in that was still able to carry a bale of hay and that was a bit easier to park in the city.. She loves it! So do I. IM 6'9" and I fit in the front AND rear seats. this Thing (Is it a van, SUV? dunno) is one hell of a vehicle. I do have one question. The engine and Automatic trannie. Are there any known troubles ? How long will the engine usually last? this is the first Honda ever in our family.
TIA in SoCal!

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:7530005c39="RobertG"]I know she isnt even near Honda's Demographics but she is used to driving F350 crew cabs but with gas prices being what they are she needed something to run around in that was still able to carry a bale of hay and that was a bit easier to park in the city.. She loves it! So do I. IM 6'9" and I fit in the front AND rear seats. this Thing (Is it a van, SUV? dunno) is one hell of a vehicle. I do have one question. The engine and Automatic trannie. Are there any known troubles ? How long will the engine usually last? this is the first Honda ever in our family.
TIA in SoCal![/quote:7530005c39]

I've heard of quite a few Honda's going 300,000+ miles.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Who knows how long it will last.....but I bet it will last a lot longer than most cars on the road....we have a 13 year old civic with 160,000+ miles,my mom had a civic wagon (remember those) that finally went on to better places after 8 years of hard driving and 190,000+ miles....Our dealer said that they personally have three Hondas that they service with 450,000+ miles each! The one guy has 500,000 on a civic and he has contacted Honda many times to do some sort of ad campaign, but alas his story is not unique enough, seems that there are many Hondas out there with very high mileage and stillgoing strong!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts